Friday, February 29, 2008

Noah In a Generation Darkened


Genesis 6:11
"The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with
violence."
Genesis 6:13
"And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for
the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will
destroy them with the earth."

-------------
[But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.]

Matthew 24:37: [Noah in a generation darkened] Tormented in his dreams.....
—-----------------------------------------------------------------------



My mind reeling; conscious and subconscious indistinct
night and day water and dry land id and super-ego desire and restraint
coalesce
my dreams become nightmares
my nightmares become my
reality

In my sleep I feel the water from the sea
fall from the sky (in tiny droplets)
when they hit my skin they turn black
a sign of heaven's remorse
and when I look up I see grey clusters in the sky
I can see the sun no longer

when I wake up I find I am still dry with sunlight on my face
(but my skin still has the black spots)

But these dreams are so tangible and vivid
deafening....
I hear little girls screaming, and the mighty men
retreating and wailing in ignominious anguish
(the humiliation of the enervated)
(but they are wicked)
they are sinking in water
they are sinking in water

reaching hands protruding from beneath the tempestuous waters' surface
seeking respite from their annihilation
respite from the angel of death with sword drawn

the angel of death with sword drawn

and I get scared, God
Im scared for the devastation of my people
unprepared for the water from the sky

in my dreams their lifeless bodies float
until the falling water submerges even the mountains
and I cant see their eyes petrified any longer

I want to grab my wife often
but sometimes my arms cant move
weighed down by the heavy burden of my anxieties
I wish she would hold me
and reciprocate my solace....

hold me my love
(hold me):



the end is near






—--------------------------------
Hebrews 11:7
"By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved
with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which
he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is
by faith."

1 Peter 3:20b-22
"....when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah,
while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were
saved by water. The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now
save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the
answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus
Christ: Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God;
angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him"
—--------------------------------
I imagine what Noah must have felt, knowing that the end of his
generation was near. (He was the first man who saw rain!) He must
have wanted to save his people, but he also must have realised they
were getting what they deserved. What do we Christians feel knowing
the same thing?

No comments: