Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I will be Manasseh after losing you

* ITS BEEN VERY HARD ON ME AS OF LATE, HAVING TO ERASE YOUR MEMORY
PRETENDING I NEVER CARED
He [Tony] sacrificed his sons in the fire in the Valley of Ben Hinnom, practiced sorcery, divination and witchcraft, and consulted mediums and spiritists. (2Chronicles 33:6)




My father defeated the Assyrians
Acquiescent to all the commands of "our God"
But the blood of Ahaz runs through my veins
Which, unlike dad, I am unable to suppress
My love for the Baals
My noble intentions for you like my son
Like my daughter
I burn in the ravaging fire
Of dejection
The most incandescent flames conceal their charred flesh
Painting their screams in vivid hues of orange and blue
Since I lost you Lisa, I harbor so much anger
Hatred in the Valley of Ben Hinnom

Losing you has been so complicated
Its not easy to find another girl to cherish
At work, church or Covenant Life singles meetings
So
I invoke the Goddess, send my prayers to the Mother of all
Creation and the horned God under the full moons
Mediums help me to seek the deceased for answers
Breathing life from dead generations into present
Relief for my agonies
I see women transparent with long white hair and white eyes
Pale skin
Pass behind me
As I gaze in the mirror
Imploring spirits for just a hint of your love
For me

Your absence has become my rebellion
Your disavowal my witchcraft
I hate myself because you hate me
Leaving my throne forever
For the Valley of Ben Hinnom




(Don't call me Tony anymore. Call me Manasseh. Call me the dark child
Plunging the chosen people into death, chaos and the wrath of Jehovah]




[Manasseh was twelve years old when he became king, and he reigned in
Jerusalem fifty-five years. He did evil in the eyes of the LORD,
following the detestable practices of the nations the LORD had driven
out before the Israelites. He rebuilt the high places his father
Hezekiah had demolished; he also erected altars to the Baals and made
Asherah poles. He bowed down to all the starry hosts and worshiped
them. He built altars in the temple of the LORD, of which the LORD
had said, "My Name will remain in Jerusalem forever.." In both courts
of the temple of the LORD, he built altars to all the starry hosts.
He sacrificed his sons in the fire in the Valley of Ben Hinnom,
practiced sorcery, divination and witchcraft, and consulted mediums
and spiritists. He did much evil in the eyes of the LORD, provoking
him to anger.]

No comments: