Wednesday, February 27, 2008

She is like 12 stones to me (you know who she is)


LISA YOU ARE LIKE 12 STONES TO ME; YOU ARE A LEGACY FOR GENERATIONS
then ye shall say unto them, Because the waters of the Jordan were cut
off before the ark of the covenant of Jehovah; when it passed over the
Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off: and these stones shall
be for a memorial unto the children of Israel for ever. (Joshua 4:7)
----


BEFORE YOU, BABY

My life was like the Jordan
Dank, vitiated, defiled
For fish and plants – unfit to live
For women and children – unfit to drink
My heart was like a chosen people restless
Crossing their fingers for a promise given
To be fulfilled
In a land flowing with honey
In a land flowing with milk
Staring out at a boundless body of water
Waiting for a sign
And my prayers for you were like the Ark of the Covenant

Lisa, I close my tents at night and hold my chest for you
and I sigh for us
I dream of us in Gilgal
Reflections on your beauty are like a transcendent cloud
Hovering above me
Lighting my darkest nights
(for almost 40 years it seems)

But since I have fallen in love with you
Barefoot Aaronic priests (heralds of romance) stand on the dirty banks
The latent Ark now goes forth
(you inspire me)
causing the oposing waters of my forlornness to stand erect
And uncover dry land
There are 12 stones for 12 months
I will use them each year to remind myself
Each moment I have known you is a gift
You are the reason I drink milk
And honey is so sticky and tastes so sweet
The chosen people have finally reached their shores of destiny
These stones
Are 12 reasons you are so wonderful





"This day have I rolled away the reproach of Egypt from off you"

(Rivers of Impossibility cannot stop the reason I love you)





--------------
And those twelve stones, which they took out of the Jordan, did Joshua
set up in Gilgal. And he spake unto the children of Israel, saying,
When your children shall ask their fathers in time to come, saying,
What mean these stones? Then ye shall let your children know, saying,
Israel came over this Jordan on dry land. For Jehovah your God dried
up the waters of the Jordan from before you, until ye were passed
over, as Jehovah your God did to the Red Sea, which he dried up from
before us, until we were passed over; that all the peoples of the
earth may know the hand of Jehovah, that it is mighty; that ye may
fear Jehovah your God for ever. (Joshua 4:20-24)

No comments: