Wednesday, February 27, 2008

For Us (I want to die by water)

* dedicated to Jesus Christ, my desire personified and deified----help me to fully realise this * dedicated to my future wife, I know she's out there somewhere...if you are reading this now, meet me at the Jordan river

And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of
Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. Mark 1:9
And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven
like a dove, and it abode upon him. John 1:32
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as
Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even
so we also should walk in newness of life. Romans 6:4


-----------By Water Kill Me, By Water Submerge Me (I want to die to
this hopeless, loveless life) [Jesus' thoughts before His Baptism by John]



Life without you
Life apart from Love
is meek and meager as Nazareth
horse, sheep and swine and mangers
made of hay
no room at the inn of hope
or aspirations
or dreaming
I lay shivering in my blanket of misery
my nursing Mother my only therapy
recourse to comfort
the disconcerted look in my father's face
all too unsettling
we all close our eyes
as the cold winds blow
(the doors open and slam shut)

To grow and occupy myself with a trade
is fallacious
carpentry is just a diversion
they use to placate me
with each swing of the hammer
and nail that pierces freshly chopped wood
or tables and chairs errected on desert sand
my feet drag without you beside me
we work out in the sun
beating my brow I gaze into the prophecies of my heart
my brothers, and cousins wonder
whats the matter with me
my lack, but without you there is no focus

So I fasten my sandal straps
mature enough to seek after and pursue my goals
(our intentions)
and embrace childhood cupidity
years of yearning have prepared me
the unsatisfied longing [for so long] has refined
each step I take from Galilee is a lifetime of empty memory
(sleepless nights void of your touch)
it must die and be renewed
in the Jordan
the water will bring us together
come to me
as I bury my loneliness
forever
let your spirit finally descend upon my expectations
like a dove



(JOHN THE BAPTIST BE MY WITNESS BEFORE GOD)

No comments: