Thursday, February 28, 2008

Julia is my UNKNOWN GOD


DEDICATED TO JULIA.... MAYBE WHEN YOU SAID HI TO ME TODAY, IT MEANT NOTHING...BUT MAYBE IT MEANT SOMETHING?

Acts 17.16 Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.

V22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said....
-----------





Julia,
You look like the God
the greeks have been seeking all their lives
Perect
porcelain almost, like the statues bearing your likeness
flanking sacrificial marble altars on temple floors
the past 1,000 years.
You mean everything to me
I would go to jail just to prove my love for you
let my feet be fastened in stocks next to Silas
let my clothes be ripped and my naked body beaten
for casting out demons unworthy of you. [lisa, jennifer, kina, megan]
You are my peace, without you in my life
my loneliness like angry jewish mobs will ransack Jason's house,
looking for blood
It makes me want to flee to Berea
to find solace to find peace of mind

Today,
I was in Athens when you said hello...
my spirit was provoked within me because
your beauty was divine and no one gave you credit
Your clean skin is worthy of oblations
your blonde hair is worthy of oblations
your name is worthy to worshipped. worthy to be made known. Not athena
Not aphrodite not diana
not fake gods with no power
Not at a temple made with human hands,
served by other people in naivete
Your blue eyes are my life and breath
I endeavor to convince all around me to
bow before you
Together we should pronounce we are "your offspring"

Your kindness raised me, gave me a new spirit
and buried my old flesh with my old man and my old heart
Baby, you are my God
Trust me, you are no longer unknown






(Julia, you are out of my league....you just look way too hot. And your attitude is so positive, unlike other stuck up girls who I won't mention. I was looking for that UNKNOWN GIRL. I think I just found her)






Acts 16:17-19 This girl followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, "These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved." She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so troubled that he turned around and said to the spirit, "In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!" At that moment the spirit left her. When the owners of the slave girl realized that their hope of making money was gone, they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them into the marketplace to face the authorities.


Acts 17.5 But the Jews were jealous; so they rounded up some bad characters from the marketplace, formed a mob and started a riot in the city. They rushed to Jason's house in search of Paul and Silas in order to bring them out to the crowd.


Acts 17.23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

V.25 Nor is He worshipped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all, life, breath and all things

No comments: