Tuesday, February 26, 2008

mE AND jEsUS DRINKIN WINe (hiCCup)


I HAD WINE WITH JESUS; SO SMOOTH....SO FRESH AND SO CLEAN CLEAN
I ALSO RESTED ON DANIEL'S MANLY BOSOM (I MEAN JESUS) OOPS!

------------Matthew 26:26-30-----------------
And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom. And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.
-----------------------------
[Grapes green and purple
in the winepress churned
intently and
delicately
MIXED THOROUGHLY
poured carefully]
-------[The Bosom of the Lord]-The thoughts of the disciple whom
Jesus loved at the last supper
--okay okay so pretend its me....jeez what a tough crowd.....





Jesus I picture us
simmering down
looking out the window at the red
sun setting
haze distorting the horizon
the mountains seem to sway
indolently
(above the trees)
the air is warm and humid
interrupted by slight but welcome
casual breeze

Bread and wine
Your hand wrapped leisurely
around Your cup
Your arm resting on the table
as You recline
the bread You say is a piece
of Your flesh and spirit
divine

Serious in tone
But there is an ease in your
manner, Your disposition
refreshed
relaxed
confident

You pour me wine from the jar
You break bread from the loaf

I feel so tranquil
and at peace inside my soul
I want to tell You about
my desire for a wife
and for magnanimous friends
wealth and prosperity
and that I yearn so badly
to get married beneath the moon in spring

But here,
this evening memorial
I can only smile with You
and sing a hymn or two
and envision You walking
on water
and on my dreams
and on my heart
mystifying me
captivating me
assuaging my fears

and guilt


Each sip of wine
takes me to another village of
leprous and demon possessed
and I remember
You made everything alright


(and You always will)



-----------------------------
Jesus, I think its gonna be alright man! Im going to get me my Rebecca St. James-esque wife, Im going to kiss her and hug her, then kiss her and hug her, and then kiss her and hug her, and the....oops! And I dont have to worry about money or my health or friends, or kids because....You are going to make everything alright if I

But Jehoshaphat also said to the king of Israel, "First seek the counsel of the LORD." 1 Kings 22:5

Seek You first. Jesus, I dont want to worry about finding a woman right now, or about the war in Iraq or the upcoming elections, or about my physical health, or my family's health....I just want to drink with You tonight. I want to get drunk for Jesus!!! Yeeah! Be filled with Your Spirit is what I meant! Jesus let me rest on Your Bosom tonight.

Just for tonight......

No comments: