Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Lisa is kinda like Boaz


LOVE ME LISA, BE MY BOAZ, my kinsman redeemer-----
So Ruth the Moabitess said to Naomi, "Please let me go to the field,
and glean heads of grain after him in whose sight I may find favor"
[Ruth 2:2]
-------


When I lie awake [12:03 am] without you
My thoughts are austere
Like a famine
Like two deaths pulling me towards Bethlehem
(afraid of the unknown)
On the arms and neck of Mara
Commiserating
At the start of the barley harvest
In the fall

It is hard being single
So tough to be alone...
(especially without you near me)

Its like being poor in
A foreign land and stigmatized
And hungry
Standing on the fringes of society
Begging for wheat and grain...
The more fortunate men and young comely women
-Six ephahs of barley every day-
Laughing, holding hands
Marrying under the harvest moon
Their lineages intact
Sleeping soundly
Kissing passionately

Lisa, let me watch you
(somewhat wistfully)
As you winnow (your faith) on the threshing floor/
(You always look so beautiful when you do that)
Take me under your wing as I uncover your feet.
and let me gather at your fields of barley freely
No longer a beggar
No longer a stranger to joy
Buy back my lands that have been painfully lost
Redeeming me from the poverty of romance barren
Let us dip bread in vinegar
Together
As I fall in love again and
find favor in your sight



(IF YOU LET YOUR PEOPLE BE MY PEOPLE, I WILL NEVER LET YOU GO)





--------------
Now Boaz said to her at mealtime, "Come here, and eat of the bread,
and dip your piece of bread in the vinegar." [Ruth 2:14]
----------------
Then he said, "Blessed are you of the LORD, my daughter! For you have
shown more kindness at the end than at the beginning, in that you did
not go after young men, whether poor or rich. 11 And now, my
daughter, do not fear. I will do for you all that you request, for
all the people of my town know that you are a virtuous woman. [Ruth
3:10]



But Ruth said:

"Entreat me not to leave you,
Or to turn back from following after you;
For wherever you go, I will go;
And wherever you lodge, I will lodge;
Your people shall be my people,
And your God, my God.
Where you die, I will die,
And there will I be buried.
The LORD do so to me, and more also,
If anything but death parts you and me." [Ruth 1:16-17]

No comments: