Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Loving Lisa Makes Me Like a New Bride


I STILL LOVE HER. I DONT CARE IF SHE DOESNT LOVE ME BACK, OR WANT ME AROUND.. SHE GLAMORIZES ME, MAKES ME NEW.
Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even
though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know
Him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new
creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become
new. (2 Corinthians 5:16-17)
---------------





When I think of her my mind journeys
I think of a maiden with no honor
no make-up, with tattered clothing no money
no male to call companion. I cringe with her at the thought of dark days;
tree limbs knocking upon her bedroom windows
thick covers
thick romance novels thrice read
tissues and body pillows
to ease the indignant suffering of
cold winters, no sun
a heart alone

That is what I was like before Lisa
I walked but I never reached my destiny
I cried but only to grieve never to exult
I kissed but with my soul and never my spirit (I had)
baseless eyes
barren heart going through superficial motions but never
truly beating
I used to hug people just to fall helpless into their arms
a bosom bereft of warmth
only deep unfulfilled desiring
only melancholy

But when I met Lisa
I became a woman engaged to marry
the pride of life possessed me and the phantom spirits fled
from mind, body and soul
I loved her and it cured me I became as one on her wedding day
the thought of her smile adorned my disheveled body with pearls and
the thought of holding hands with her adjacent to a glimmering lake
made me beautiful with a gown luminous and white
the train of my dress reaches to all the places I couldnt walk before
without her
make-up, earrings, lipstick
comely bridesmaids, music from the organ composed by
angels of light
I feel like a beautiful bride when I think of her
no longer a poor, ordinary maiden
empty




DONT YOU SEE LOVING LISA MAKES ME A NEW PERSON? CANT YOU SEE SHE BRINGS MY LIFE NEW MEANING, BURNING AWAY MY OLD PATHETIC LIFE LIKE DROSS? HOW CAN I STOP LOVING HER EVEN IF SHE DOESNT LOVE ME? I LOVE HER AND THAT MEANS IT IS ETERNAL. IM SORRY I WONT EVER STOP TALKING ABOUT HER OR LOVING HER. SHE IS MY ETERNAL BRIDE. LOVING HER IS MY
LIFE




" If we are faithless,
He remains faithful;
He cannot deny Himself." 2 Timothy 2:13

No comments: