Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I wish I was a woman, Jesus

To the one less advanced on the road of love, this total surrender and complete conformity to God's will might seem a complete loss of freedom. But the one who truly loves seeks to realize the desire of the beloved, to fulfill his expectations to the least detail.
[page 30 "Mother Teresa Come Be My Light"]

------------...So I Could Love You Better/ My Love is so Deep I Want To Be
You *dedicated to Jennifer






You smile
and you wave (in the gym) not knowing
I want your green eyes
to know how it feels as you toss your hair
to the left of your neck or
to push it behind your ears when you
ascend the elliptical
and move your arms and legs back and forth
I want to know what its like
to feel your sweat dripping down my shoulders
and the beating of your heart
inside my chest crescendoing
looking in the mirror and watching

I want your mind as my own
to inherit your desires
and aversions
dreaming your dreams and
aspiring to aspire to all you want
to aspire to
to react as you react when love embraces you
I want to eat what you want to eat
and know intimately your fashion sense
the sartorial delights of your soul
to join in your felicity as I put on
your favorite shampoo
running my fingers through your wet scalp

Let me embody your pleasure
actualize your destiny
For just a day let me be
everything I have ever wanted to be
my soul's most prized possession:
you




[you and me not two people
but one person all the same]




I WISH I COULD BE YOU, SO I COULD KNOW ALL THE WAYS TO LOVE YOU






----------------------



Total surrender consists in giving ourselves completely to God. We must give
ourselves fully to God because God has given Himself fully to us. If God
owes nothing to us and is ready to impart to us no less than Himself, shall
we answer with just a fraction of ourselves? To give ourselves fully to God
is a means of receiving God Himself. I for God and God for me. I live for
God and give up my own self, and in this way, induce God to live for me.
Therefore to possess God we must allow Him to possess our souls. - Mother
Teresa

John 14:17 You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.

1 Cor. 11:7 - For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image
and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man.

No comments: