Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rebecca St. James and Moses


GOD I WISH THIS NIGHT WOULD NEVER END...THIS FEELING
Jesus, it means everything to me that You would allow me to
have my photo taken with Rebecca. When You gave me the Baptism
of the Holy Ghost August 8th, 2000, You also gave me another comforter
shortly thereafter: Rebecca St. James. Watching her passion, her
soul ablaze with love for You, has inspired me a million times over
and given me the strength to believe in You even in darker and sadder
moments. She is a constant jolt of positive energy to my spirit. Some people
think she is an unhealthy obsession for me, a sort of diversion from You; But
in truth, You lead me to her music and a glimpse into her life because
You knew she would only draw me closer to You. When I see Rebecca,
I see everything I aspire to be and only wish I was. She makes
me believe in heaven, Jesus, she makes me believe in You, Jesus.
Thank You so much Lord for the picture with her. You coordinated
my dream-come-true the way a doting father does for his son's birthday.


Jesus, this means everything to me. It is the greatest gift
Jesus......
Jesus....
Jesus.............

Rebecca St. James, thank you for everything you've done for me
just by loving Jesus with all your heart. May God richly BLESS you.
God Bless you.


-------------------------Dedicated to Rebecca St. James---


[[[[Hey unfaithful I will teach you
To be stronger, to be stronger.
Hey ungraceful I will teach you
To forgive one another.]]]


WHEN I SEE MY PICTURE WITH REBECCA ST. JAMES,
GOD I FEEL LIKE MOSES

GOD I FEEL LIKE MOSES WITH HIS EYES CLOSED



----->[when my feet get wet; Exodus 14:21-22/ The thoughts of Moses as he stands on the shores of the Red Sea (with all of Israel behind him) - before parting it]------->



When the wind of discouragment blows faintly
then steadily upon your brow
chasing you, hunting you down as an army
tries to dispose of a nearly vanquished foe
You are forced to open your eyes
and
you see the sea of impossibility


you hear the threats of death behind you
it sounds like the clanging of swords
the strings of a bow pulled taut
with arrows
aimed straight for your back
...barbarous scowlings

But you know your heart lies
on opposite land (promised)
and you will only be half complete
standing on the shore

When the tides of cynicism rush in
and submerge your feet in their cold
pessimism
you try to close your eyes again
and imagine you were back in Egypt
when Pharoah was a trusted friend
...like a father....
.....like a father....
a trusted friend

But the wind keeps you focused
aided by heartening thoughts
of life on the other side
finding your heart with your dreams
and contentment inside
so deep so encouraging
away from violence and hatred and
negativity

And this faith welling up inside feels
like an embrace from a Father above
so powerful and so warm
that even the impossible
begins to yield dry land

And you start to walk away from the wind

Then you start to run away from the wind

Towards your heart, towards your dreams







(the impossible sea relegated to either side of you
forming a wall so apologetic, so demeaned)

-----------------------
Exodus 14:21-22
Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea
to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea
into dry land, and the waters were divided. So the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea on the dry ground, and the waters were a wall to them on
their right hand and on their left.



--------------------------
Underoath - Some Will Seek Forgiveness, Others Escape

I heard a voice through the discord"
Of a deluge of passersby.
I saw one gaze frozen in time
Watching me passing by.

I swear I'll know your face in the crowd,
And I'll hear your voice so loud
When you're whispering...

Hey unfaithful I will teach you
To be stronger, to be stronger.
Hey ungraceful I will teach you
To forgive one another.

Here's my kiss to betray
Desperate to brush the lips of grace.
Do you feel hollow when you think of how I've lied?

Oh sweet angel of mercy with your grace like the morning
Wrap your loving arms around me.
Oh sweet angel of mercy with your grace like the morning
Wrap your loving arms around me.

Hey unfaithful I will teach you
To be stronger, to be stronger.
Hey ungraceful I will teach you
To forgive one another.

Hey unloving

I will love you

Jesus I'm ready to come home.

No comments: