Monday, March 5, 2012

Pleasant Plague of Matrimony (A Memorial to Wit. Thanks for the HeartBreak)


* I AM the Emo-King! Weeping may endure for a night, and boy was there weeping!, but joy comes in the morning! Look, playing the role of the jilted lover is never fun, but its a quandary we are all faced with at some point in our lives and we will never best it until we give due deference to the force of its rage and wrath. It hurts and ushers in the deepest darkness of the heart...loneliness, despair, hopelessness. It is the angel of death to the romantic soul. I wanted Kina, Alexis, Barbara, Jennifer, Wit, Lisa, Anne, etc etc so badly...and with each rejection I defiantly and petulantly become more emboldened about the auspiciousness of my chances of success with the next girl...only to be rejected again. Then came the tears, then came the vulnerability. I am a Hebrew mother, holding my slim chances of hope for finding a wife in my bosom in my tent waiting. Please rejection dont hurt me anymore, please pass over. Let me find my wife....end this tyranny of stress, anxiety and slavery to the Egypt of the lovelorn and unhappy.


-------------/Pleasant Plague of Matrimony: (I am) A Mother In Egypt Fingers Crossed Hoping For More


Despairing like
Darkness falls dissonant storm clouds foreboding assemble stoically
they march. Hair raising thunder of harrowing precedent
of female condescension and disdain flashes of lightning reveals
insecurity about desirability
I have slaughtered my expectation to be with you Wit
(to spare my sanity to stay alive in this wily world of dating
you having shown barely a minimal interest in me)
pure lamb unblemished and melancholy blood of my fondness smeared
across two sensitive sentimental sideposts of the door
to the tent of my fragile disposition, sobbing frustrated screeching
of said lamb echoing in the gusts, the fear of being unloved forever blowing incensed clenching the knob of my resolve just to keep it shut.
Loneliness
like the angel of death has an appetite for carnage tonight
scores of mothers will mourn I hold hope for eventual romance
as my firstborn son shielding him over his body huddling humming
hymns vestigial of mirth filled musings of kissing a beautiful wife
into her blue eyes staring steadfast my fingers caressing her face
hoping it wont be me
hoping it wont be me
(childless and disconsolate)
sword of the unmarried drawn; a quiver of arrows of the ugly bow
of the despised the moon frightened, absent the stars
of the amorous abscond. Entrapped in Egypt's singleness
anguished far too long 31 years waiting for a wife subsisting on maggot infested bread of fickle and callous girls' cruelty praying for
freedom...if only I can last the night

(and see the sunrise)


------/
Exodus 12:1-14
And the Lord spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you. Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house: And if the household be too little for the lamb, let him and his neighbour next unto his house take it according to the number of the souls; every man according to his eating shall make your count for the lamb. Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats: And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening. And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it. And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it. Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof. And ye shall let nothing of it remain until the morning; and that which remaineth of it until the morning ye shall burn with fire. And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it i the Lord's passover. For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the Lord. And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt. And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the Lord throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever.

No comments: