Friday, May 13, 2016

To Reset In Paradise


* Jesus pray for me
* Luke pray for me
* Saints pray for me
#IamTheThiefOnTheCross


+--------To Reset In Paradise; The Thoughts Of The Thief On The Cross Dying Next To Jesus

I know he sees, those scrutinous owl
eyes wisened by an eternity’s
perspective on all things, those eyes
of the moon able to peer into the depths
of my heart’s dark shades of night,
a soul blackened by capital crimes.
But does he see me for who I am,
really? Or does he just see skin flayed
hanging from nails of rusted iron stained
with other wicked men’s blood who too
were translated with angst into Hades
unpardoned?  I wish He would glance
at my conscience ashamed, its willingness
to be reborn just to right all wrongs,
even walk unpaved Roman roads begging
barefoot a thousand years. Does he know
that Im sorry, I made my mistakes…but that
all I want right now is clemency? To go
somplace New where Im loved, not judged?


----Luke 23:39-43
One of the criminals who were hanged there was hurling abuse at Him, saying, “Are You not the Christ? Save Yourself and us!” But the other answered, and rebuking him said, “Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” And he was saying, “Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!” And He said to him, “Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise.

No comments: