Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Malachi 3:1 Reinterpreted #TheEmoBible


* Jesus pray for me
* Malachi pray for me
* Saints pray for me
#IamMalachi #TheEmoBible

+--------Malachi 3:1 Reinterpreted 

I know, you tire of being berated
by bad tempered Persians,
the cutting glances by ruling classes
for obstructing paths of their frivolous
processions through town, as objects
of scorn I see the ghastly bruises on
your faces from clubs of brusque tax
collectors bilking your finances for regalia
for gaudy pagan festivals while at night
you starve. Yes, you are so far
removed from your former independence
some of your kids cant recall David’s
sling, Goliath’s head in his hands. Or
Israel’s dignity revived by Hezekiah, our
sharing pride smiles and glory in the historic
desecration of the Baals. But take heart,
my messenger is coming who will prepare
the way before me. He and I come shortly
....to liberate. When you see my face I
swear you will see Solomon’s Temple again
glimmering -Mercy personified as Lord and
Savior of The Earth, even for heathens.  

----Malachi 3:1
I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come," says the LORD Almighty

No comments: