Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Last Words Of Joab


* Jesus pray for me
* King David pray for me
* Saints pray for me
#IamJoab

When the news reached Joab, who had conspired with Adonijah though not with Absalom, he fled to the tent of the LORD and took hold of the horns of the altar 1Kings 2:28

+--------"The Last Words Of Joab (As He Lay Bleeding In The Tabernacle)"

My soul began its decay
when I swore the oath of office,
whatever virtue I received from
my mother was exposed to too
much cynicism of civics too soon then
to subsist, a peacetime soldier mortally
wounded by treachery's arrow, staggering
unexpectedly. I had to relearn my
vernaculars: hidden-dagger-speak, that
snide and disingenous dialectic of
stalled negotiations, to assimilate
into my psyche a refined taste, appetite
for sex also death, the keen bloodlust
for all men whether guilty or innocent.
As a kid I overheard anecdotes of
Saul advising his son about the guile
and sleaze of the Judges, the warring
and sedition amongst Levites over
Ashteroth despite a conscience leaning
towards the Law of Moses. So I became
a conscience killer, Id come to trust none,
to disregard any and every dichotomy
Id ever known. Castle life is lying,
dishonesty its pregant womb, there is
nothing else. So in the next life I hope I'm
judged as nothing more
than just another politician.

----1 Kings 2:31-34
And the king said unto him, Do as he hath said, and fall upon him, and bury him; that thou mayest take away the innocent blood, which Joab shed, from me, and from the house of my father. And the Lord shall return his blood upon his own head, who fell upon two men more righteous and better than he, and slew them with the sword, my father David not knowing thereof, to wit, Abner the son of Ner, captain of the host of Israel, and Amasa the son of Jether, captain of the host of Judah. Their blood shall therefore return upon the head of Joab, and upon the head of his seed for ever: but upon David, and upon his seed, and upon his house, and upon his throne, shall there be peace for ever from the Lord. So Benaiah the son of Jehoiada went up, and fell upon him, and slew him: and he was buried in his own house in the wilderness.

No comments: