Tuesday, April 5, 2016

In Way Over My Head


* Jesus pray for me
* Luke pray for me
* Dedicated to As Cities Burn, Our World Is Grey
https://youtu.be/d9OAXAmYEiE
#IamTheProdigalSon

+--------In Way Over My Head; The Thoughts Of The Prodigal Son In A Pig Pen

When I first arrived here, life was a
shared opium/silphium dream,
the euphoric sweet smell of
friendships my wealth made like
the smoke of flower petals. Each
night….we huddled around the fire
laughing, howling, because we saw our
own morphed faces reflected back in a
shimmering moon. But then came the
soul piercing wailing of Carthaginian
babies sacrificed to an unknown god,
my mark of Cain’s conscience, innocent
blood accusing me from the ground of
watching yet not intervening. Next, the
famine that depleted the small fortune I
gave to gaunt kin, my erstwhile gang
of bawdy lowlifes refusing to repay.
Now I hunger and have nothing. My life
is but a depraved delusion of grandeur,
corn husks of smirking pigs I cannot eat.
Im sorry Dad, I left too soon, I knew not
what to do. I want to go home now.
I just wish I could start over, back home.  

---------------Luke 15:14-20
And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him. And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

----Our World Is Grey Lyrics
I'm sure if you wanted to stop love,
You could just untie your end and let it go.
But, my God, you don't.
Yeah, I think I love you for it.

You're still sending cells to their rightful places,
When forming more likely to escape.
Such a narrow way of life.
What's it look like from your side?
From here I can't see why it's worth
One more coming out cursed?

Say it, say it!
Say what this is all for!
Say it's redemption.

'Cause our world is grey, world is grey.
We're just swaying from side to side.
Our world is grey, world is grey.
We are thieves and saints alike.
But you don't let go, don't let go.
We keep swaying and swaying.
And you don't let go, don't.
Yeah, I think I love you for it.

He's shooting god up in his arm through a needle.
And she's putting cuts on her legs to bleed out the devil.
"Surely you will not die, eat and be like God."
What have we done?

Say it, say it!
Say that this is all for redemption.

'Cause our world is grey, world is grey.
We're just swaying from side to side.
Our world is grey, world is grey.
We are thieves and saints alike.
But you don't let go, don't let go.
We keep swaying from side to side.
We all just sway, we all just sway.
But you don't let go, you don't.
You don't.

No comments: