Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Duchess On The Seas (Of My Heart)


* Jesus pray for me
* Matthew, Peter pray for me
* Saints pray for me

+--------"The Duchess On The Seas (Of My Heart)" 

Duchess, my dateless, loveless
life is a band of disciples huddled together
in a wooden vessel, a band of twelve
brothers who drift on lonely rocky seas,
but drift in earnest- bumbling fishermen,
tax collectors, a double-crosser, set
apart and called by Love but unable
to find it beneath the passing of many moons.
And deep down my heart wants you to come
save me. Your brunette hair something
like divinity. A stately, royal gait as a gift
from a Heavenly Father. I know you can
walk on these waters of my singleness
as dry land, insouciantly, and call me forth
from the teetering boat of romantic
rejection, to step upon sinking waves of
my forlornness with a kiss from your lips.
If you invite me to coffee, I will get out and
brave the waves. I will not sink will not drown.  


---Matthew 14:28-29
Peter said to Him, "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water." And He said, "Come!" And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus.

No comments: