Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Time Un-Fossilized



* Jesus pray for me
* Lazarus pray for me
* John pray for me

+-----Time Un-Fossilized; The Thoughts Of Lazarus In The Grave 

It was heartbreak that did me in.
It was, ultimately, the rabid incision of
manifold bad philosophical rudiments
of a cruel world infecting lifeblood,
too much for any vein or
vessel of my self-administered pep talk to
withstand, so my soul, spastic,
surrendered. I imagine my epitaph:
HEREIN LIES A FAILED MAN
EULOGIZED BY ROTTING SKIN,
his spirit cum foul stench saturating
boulders. I remember my final bedside
faltering flanked by my sisters,
the petrification of kin,
the specter of their future pranks
dissipating into eye ether, discarding bone
and putrefied body for other worlds.
These friends of a miracle working
Savior abandoned to mourn alone. And the
memories, Bethany-laden, seem like
years ago. But for some reason
now I can detect faint whispers of
second chances. Something like the calm
of redemption rising within and
animating sinews. So I think maybe
Ive been sleeping in this sad grave
too long. If there's someone on
the otherside that wont quit on lost souls,
then life is truly worth living. While there's
time still, please ROLL.AWAY.THE.STONE.




---John 11:38-44
Jesus, once more deeply moved, came to the tomb. It was a cave with a stone laid across the entrance. “Take away the stone,” he said. “But, Lord,” said Martha, the sister of the dead man, “by this time there is a bad odor, for he has been there four days.” Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.” When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.”

No comments: