Friday, December 4, 2015

How I Wish I Met Whitney


* Jesus pray for me
* Matthew pray for me
* Dedicated to Whitney. I wish you peace, joy and a prodigious womb in your next life…as a wife and mother. Too bad I was too cowardly to tell you how I really felt about you when I had the chance….

+-----How I Wish I Met Whitney

Whitney I always re-imagine you
wistfully adrift, gazing dreamily at
opposite shores on a gentle ripple
of a morning wave,
wide net of opportunity
held slack in your hands
after days of patient
anticipation of a greater fate.
The dark silhouettes of trees
of uncertainty reflect back
in your eyes, branches
of Galilee dancing but obscured
by dense white mist, bark-sway
of mystery and intrigue. And then,
deep within a lover’s inland
I would approach you
filled with umbrage for your oar,
disdain for the boat that perpetuated
your unfulfilled longings. “Come
follow me" I would say, let me take
you from all you think you know
and make you my wife. Together,
we will save the world by
making all things new.

----Matthew 4:18-20
As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” At once they left their nets and followed him.

No comments: