Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The Next Quarterback Of Persia #RG3Rises

* Jesus pray for me
* Jeremiah pray for me
* Dedicated to RG3

+-----The Next Quarterback Of Persia #RG3Rises

Jay Gruden is Nebuchadnezzar
enthroned, clad in an imperiously
cruel embroidered robe, a savage
red sash draped from his trapezius
of tyranny to his oppressive right oblique.
From behind a castle of fortified stone
(Fed Ex Field), Superbowl Banners like
hanging gardens that charm walls,
sits a man with a pompous
conical helmet of gold, grinning cynically,
buttressed by obsequious soldiers
of the sports press tightly clenching
slanderous spears. Tomorrow, a
Gala to besmirch an old quarterback,
DC's first Hebrew MVP. Meanwhile,
on sidelines of the Kingdom barely dressed,
in threshing fields dividing wheat and chaff,
hope and despair, this RG3 labors in
chains. Abused by the searing sun of public
scrutiny, no one cares that his clothes
need hemming, the adze needs sharpening.
And fatuous guards crack whips
too often and with excessive torque,
fair weather fans partial to the King of
partisanship, cowards of the royal court.
Yet by the river He smiles. Deep within, he
recites the promise made to all destined
for greatness: bear your injustices patiently.
In a short while comes his deliverance:
the Persian Empire of a new NFL
franchise. Smoke rises from their nostrils,
hatred seeps from acrid red eyes, horses
and chariots race to turn Babylon to ash.

-----Psalm 137:1-6/ Jeremiah 29:10-14
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land? If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning. If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy./ This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

No comments: