Monday, December 21, 2015

Simon Of Cyrene's Journal


* Jesus pray for me
* Simon pray for me

+-----Simon Of Cyrene's Journal (From The Day Jesus Was Crucified)

These are the words of a once
benighted man, once ensconced
in a maddened mob filled with malice
gone stark raving mad for a crucifixion.
(Their open mouths having the
odious stench of mass open graves.)
I began moping in my spirit due to
another instance of societal
hope eviscerated by my people,
the proud sons and daughters of
prophet slayers, and had already
forecasted a melancholy moon…
followed by a pitiable sun of a mediocre
monotonous tomorrow enslaved...more
rage of the Romans. No more Savior
to speak of, no more slick shimmering
star of shill for shepherds to entertain
and spread their inspired delusion.
Then I remember suddenly, before
that realignment of earth realms afterwards,
being shoved from behind into open
space, the Sacred Path, face to face
with the Revolutionary One mercifully
shouldering a cross of splintered timber.
When I touched that Blessed Wood,
for just a moment carrying a rind of
a new ethos, I saw for the first time
with transcendent eyes. Visions of a
purifying wave of fire descending to scorch
the entire world: Jerusalem first, spark of
Golgotha, then Judea, then burning end tips
of the earth. My hands still smell of smoke,
my heart still burns within to see again
the brightness of King David’s renewal.


-----Mark 15:21-24
A certain man from Cyrene, Simon, the father of Alexander and Rufus, was passing by on his way in from the country, and they forced him to carry the cross. They brought Jesus to the place called Golgotha (which means “the place of the skull”). Then they offered him wine mixed with myrrh, but he did not take it. And they crucified him. Dividing up his clothes, they cast lots to see what each would get.

No comments: