Thursday, November 8, 2012

Jennifer (not really her name) Judas




[The setting: Tony and Judas sit together on a large oblong stone in a haunted cove (on November 8, 2012), adjacent to the field Judas hanged himself in. Frigid wind gusts both punctuate and facilitate their discussion as the moon looks askance at them both, particularly Judas]

Tony:  JUDAAAAAS!!! WHAT UP MY NIG- ….uh….WHAT UP BRAH??
(Tony holds out his hand in a greeting gesture, to either shake or give him a dap (fist bump). Judas however, eyes hollow and with a sullen expression only stares at the ground)

Judas: ….

Tony (slightly slighted): ….well…fine then nigguh! Oops, my bad, forgive my colloquialisms! HA! You know what Im sayin’ son?

Judas: ……..

Tony: listen dude, don’t blame me because you betrayed your Lord and Savior and then hung yourself….and then your guts splashed out…..DAAAAAANNNGGGG SON!!!! THAT’S LIKE RG3 GETTING THAT HIT WHEN HE LINED UP AS A RECEIVER TIMES INFINITY!!! HAIL TO THE REDSKINS, BY THE WAY MY NIG….oh….you don’t know about the Redskins do you? Greatest team ever, brah!
(Tony amuses himself at the gruesome mental picture)

Judas(enraged giving Tony a cutting glance cum fierce scowl): YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT!!!! NOTHING ABOUT IT!!!! JESUS JUST DIDN’T EXPLAIN HIMSELF…..I THOUGHT….I THOUGHT..

Tony (startled by the yelling): wooaah woooah You mad bro? Calm down son, have a beer! Judas doesn’t always yell like a maniac, but when he does….Tony wants him to drink Dos….. Equis!
(Judas  lunges at Tony swinging punches and chasing him)

Tony (running): WWWWOOOOOAHHHH DUDE! SEE THAT’S HOW YOU GOT IN TROUBLE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!! WWJD WHAT WOULD JESUS DO BRO???? WOULD HE CHASE ME LIKE THIS???
(Judas stops running, then Tony subsequently stops as both men gasp for air)

Judas(hunched over): You will never know, never understand why I did what I did. I thought I had a better way, I thought Jesus was full of delusion….so imperious…so self righteous…..I….I….

Tony: …..ummmmm, you were wrong (giggling effervescently)…like….DUUUUHHHH!!!
(Judas reaches for a rock to throw at Tony’s head)

Tony(running): ……same old.....*ish*…..just a different day! Hussle Hussle Hard!!!


*dedicated to the recalcitrant among us, who rebel when those around us proclaim Salvation and panacea in the midst of our struggles to accept. Lets do our own thing to hell with their expectations!
[Grrrrr I gotta be secretive here guys! Sorry but know Im referring to a real situation!) 


------------------------/(Jennifer) Houston *W; The Thoughts Of (Me) Judas Upon My Betrayal

I sit at the table of your expectations sop
of your best laid intentions placed before me dulling
the pain of hasty decisions with wine you deem ‘blood’
there are eleven people, eleven reasons that gird your logic
you say
the court of public opinion who murmur when any
diverge, diluting the destiny chosen, sheepishly accepted
to explore other options
to chase dreams, my dreams
a cataclysmic scandal spurring soul searching
who is so maligned in spirit, who is so abhorrent in virtue and vice
?
asking in unison, ‘Lord who is it’ but you want crucifixion
I want gratification you want detachment I want engagement
Rome is for the taking
Rome is for the taking
Roman women, Roman cuisine, Roman wealth: subjugated and
coopted. There is even blood of a centurion in these veins
the energy has been galvanized, the movement begun the stars aligned
I want the world, you speak of another
you articulate death I pronounce life
candlelit musings, gregarious giggles in spite of such a ghastly prognostication
I sit amongst obsequious delusional men
I want the girl you all don’t want me to have
The Sadducees of Scandal the Pharisees of Parsimony
dont like to be dictated to either
the price of my convictions thirty pieces of silver
I’ll take the dripping bread (like a slain animal covenant freshly made)
even and especially if it means betraying
the best opportunity I ever had

frigid air beckons
(I’ll take my chances with the moon of the unknown)




---------------------------/John 13:18-28
I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me. Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me. Then the disciples looked one on another, doubting of whom he spake. Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved. Simon Peter therefore beckoned to him, that he should ask who it should be of whom he spake. He then lying on Jesus' breast saith unto him, Lord, who is it? Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon. And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly. Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him.

No comments: