Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Parable of the Rich (Hot White Girl) Young Ruler






* dedicated to CF, Stephanie, Jennifer, Anne, Em


----------------------/Parable of the Rich (Hot White Girl) Young Ruler

Like a dream you came to me in the still of night, serendipitous stars
paralysis of thought, apoplexy of nerves
the gospel of love promulgated your ears perked
as I tell the world how much I want to be loved, your gullible eyes
I am your Good Master, of novelty, of exoticism, rapture New Jerusalem
gentiles exalted  
you anticipating impressive speech forged to woo
all of which after four years of familiarity you by now know
I will obey all of romance’s commandments, I will not commit adultery
I will not kill, I will not bear false witness, I will not omit kissing
or cherishing your brown hair and hazel eyes creamy white skin like the moon
upon which when I muse about you I stare
I ask reciprocation of all the aforementioned yet there is one thing you lack
go and sell your girlhood expectations of a tall white blue eyed boyfriend, rich
erudite, politically conversant and adventurous children
iterative of him
yet you would be rich if you followed me down this biracial path society limp
we would heal its blind eyes, restore its withered hand
resurrect its dead daughters, exorcise its sons walk on its capricious inequitable seas
I hold out my hand I promise you wont drown overwhelmed
my twelve disciples of passionate reinforcement witnesses to how desperate I am
to press compatibility to make this work
you hang your head I hang my head in turn
under my breath whimpering  
"Please don’t walk away"
"Please don’t walk away"

 



------------------Luke 18:18-25
And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God. Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother. And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up. Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich. And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

No comments: