Friday, December 2, 2011

A Woman Split By The Sword




John Paul the Second, pray for me
Michael the Archangel, pray for me


-------------/A Woman Split By The Sword: The Thoughts Of The Prostitute Of The Dead Baby In Standing Before Solomon's Court [1 Kings and Things Ch. 3]

Prostitution is bifurcation
pristine dreams degenerated
into squalor
sophisticated self synopsis of a sanguine sappy
shy genteel woman turned salacious siren then slattern, shrew
then shunned, save for
sex (satirical) yet I still savor and have saved that aspect
of myself, the young girl beaming with aspirations to greatness
to a great home, a genealogy of proud descendants of Abraham
waking up one morning mired in moribund misery
wanderlust seeking refuge from the shame of the certificate of divorce
handed to me one day whimsically - (the man I loved inexplicably distant
head shorn in some sanctimonious display of anger, accusations of adultery
a sinister subterfuge to shield his own)
dark alleys, wolves lurking, shivering cold
tears became hunger
hunger became desperation
desperation became subjugation to decrepit and devious
desires from men (some levites even)
dastardly acts of defilement to please wayward horrid animals
masquerading as men
deposited deep in my subconscious....the sin, the surreptitious
sneaking of the married to visit me, diseased fiends, lack of self worth
the seething simmering within me, scared of some stubborn sickness
the cynicism
the hysterical nervous breakdowns and the implacable weeping,
the assertions of my
sanity through soliloquy
though a growing awareness that I was losing my mind gradually
all along;
after losing all dignity.
now pregnant with some savage's seed another child condemned
to a servile mendicant life: mendacious if a boy, if a girl
a whore
by cunning men who wont help a struggling woman
except by copulation - to hell with you
restless in my sleep tossing turning tormented and demented
the agony of my angst, has killed my child
the vicious cycle continues chillingly
but I am dead already - died a long time ago
I have to contend before the king, (put on airs and pretentiousness
as any prostitute properly does, perfunctorily pretending
the dead child isnt mine....
its just procedural pantomime, an indirect way of asking out
of this horrid way of life, to whomever empathetic souls who hears)
but in actuality I dont mind if you split the other poor child
portended for a meager life
(by virtue of his promiscuous mother)
with a sword - callous
thats what happened to me a long time ago -
when misfortune rent my life asunder, and left behind two
halves of a (once) whole
woman

(a woman turned slut, turned a slut wishing she was a woman again. dual identity, pained psychosis.)



-------------/ 1 Kings 3:16-28
Then two prostitutes came to the king and stood before him. The one woman said, "Oh, my lord, this woman and I live in the same house, and I gave birth to a child while she was in the house. Then on the third day after I gave birth, this woman also gave birth. And we were alone. There was no one else with us in the house; only we two were in the house. And this woman's son died in the night, because she lay on him. And she arose at midnight and took my son from beside me, while your servant slept, and laid him at her breast, and laid her dead son at my breast. When I rose in the morning to nurse my child, behold, he was dead. But when I looked at him closely in the morning, behold, he was not the child that I had borne." But the other woman said, "No, the living child is mine, and the dead child is yours." The first said, "No, the dead child is yours, and the living child is mine." Thus they spoke before the king. Then the king said, "The one says, 'This is my son that is alive, and your son is dead'; and the other says, 'No; but your son is dead, and my son is the living one.'" And the king said, "Bring me a sword." So a sword was brought before the king. And the king said, "Divide the living child in two, and give half to the one and half to the other." Then the woman whose son was alive said to the king, because her heart yearned for her son, "Oh, my lord, give her the living child, and by no means put him to death." But the other said, "He shall be neither mine nor yours; divide him." Then the king answered and said, "Give the living child to the first woman, and by no means put him to death; she is his mother." And all Israel heard of the judgment that the king had rendered, and they stood in awe of the king, because they perceived that the wisdom of God was in him to do justice.

No comments: