Monday, December 19, 2011

Eye Hath Not Seen.....But I Want It To



photo courtesy of http://becoming88.blogspot.com/

I hail from PG county, land of the Mongols with spiked clubs, barbarians with
flaming torches terrorizing, tormenting townsfolk with truculent temerity. You dont want to be here, trust. Shrouded in suffocating smog, scary thugs as villains, not lazy lugubrious neighbors who languish during trash pick-up, or the eastern screech owls screeching ! I only wonder what fairer lands look like, spacious plains of peace. Heavenly

--------------/Nebraska

When I hear harried car horns honking...each morning
I close my eyes, the asphalt serving as the defacto plains of the metropolis
metamorphose into verdant rolling hills segueing into dense forests
for exploration I dip both palms into
rushing raging rustic streams
brothers with deer and elk - exquisite
exhaling, lowering my chin comfortably to my chest
reflective - then full of vitality
vivid vibrant vivacious varied hues on trees
(clearly visible not obscured by vicious skyscrapers or vile
dilapidated housing or glaring gunshots)
each auspicious august autumn. sleeping softly on soft grass I see
(in a dream within a dream) a silhouette of a girl serenely standing
in the distance (hair shimmying sensually) [you] under the stars
her stately breath composes "RESPITE" against the onyx
canvas speckled with the milky way, I awake - the
brisk brash breeze the bright
sterling shining of the sun sacred greet me
effulgent thick white clouds juxtaposed against golden wheat fields
miles long salute me with grace
I guess I, along with the garish grating
pharisees sadducees roman soldiers and Galilean denizens didnt know
or they wouldnt have crucified
Nebraska*
the hope of my weary waning waylaid soul
and in winter time when I imagine us together holding hands
I envision hallowed hills packed with heavy snow high strained limbs
hanging low
pure
grabbing handfuls and chucking at you playfully
the white terrain- almost blinding us beckoning us toward
the azure dazzling fascinating faithful firmament
and beyond
beyond the frenetic feckless crowds everywhere
beyond the potholes in the paranoid psychotic pavement
pressing the mind into agitation, and poor drivers into apoplexy
beyond the pathos of the neurotic person without peace
always
I try to foresee all these things. and what it would be like to kiss you
but as it is written
eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart
of me - the things which you have prepared for
those who love you - and visit
your hometown

(Tell me what its like to be in Nebraska, lying on the grass with you - away from it all)

* eschewed living there;
the wisdom of God in a mystery in plain sight
even hidden wisdom


-------------1 Corinthians 2:7-9
But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him
.

No comments: