Thursday, December 22, 2011

My Life Without You



* dedicated to Silverstein, Discovering the Waterfront
* St Paul, pray for me

Discovering the Waterfront video, yall! CHECK IT OUT, PARTY PEOPLES!

------/Acts Chronicles Chapter. 18 - From Now On - (My) Life Without You; Paul's Thoughts After Telling the Jews He Would Go On To The Gentiles

Wistfully I watch woebegone women and men wondrously
dying
standing erect
grating
at my attempts to send sincere salve, trying to sway or stimulate
soothing;
salvation
from their sad solemn sobering sepulchral states
and fates - tourniquet for tumultuous turmoils of the tyranny
of a sinful soul
and trust me, I know what that's like. I know what its like to murder to
compensate for the ills of the interior pining for peace and placation
murder is the only art a madman can manage
murder is the only art that the meretricious can appreciate,
the art of melee; malaise. I killed under the guise of saving the people
a merciful God loved
from a band of "misfits". Perverted pitiable pugnacious sophistry still
paining me presently
because I never fully rendered obeisance to life
(or to Him)
until I gained an astounding aptitude for understanding death
and I've seen blood gushing from wheezing geriatrics gelid
after eternities (upon reflection on my bed) of gasping with no aid
the tormented expressions of their children, grandchildren looking back
as they fled - me on my horse - delirious [pursuits]
with eyes of darkness
the same eyes I see reviling me
opposing me every single Sabbath in the synagogue to which I sojourn
preaching
an eternal effectual message of emancipation
from sorrow
and guilt
and feeling compelled to compulsorily cater to and measure up
from the pessimism that impedes and insidiously prevents people
from placing
hands on joy
the Good News - for all of us
that obviates the need to become what I once was
someone who I wished I wasnt:
an empty Pharisee trying to fix everything around him
with a heart deteriorating.

[but the perishing recalcitrant has a foul mouth
and the delusional psychotic, lost in a world of skewed subjectivity;
there is an honor to heretics who heckle and harass all humankind
in their own inner circles
a suicide pact. a stubborn arrogance. vile harried hideous hatred
hallowed and illogical insanity instantly heralded as truth
rigor-mortis on two feet
languishing with leprosy while laughing lips
falling off
weeping while winebibbing wretchedly whisking away
blind with the belief you can still see the sun blazing...
bleeding
that your own cruelty wont let me stop]

[because you dont despise dying enough for me to stay with you]


------Acts 18:4-7
And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and tried to persuade Jews and Greeks. When Silas and Timothy arrived from Macedonia, Paul was occupied with the word, testifying to the Jews that the Christ was Jesus. And when they opposed and reviled him, he shook out his garments and said to them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent. From now on I will go to the Gentiles." And he left there and went to the house of a man named Titius Justus, a worshiper of God. His house was next door to the synagogue.



---/ Discovering The Waterfront Lyrics

I will promise myself I won't care
distracting myself from your stare
and I've seen this mistake once before
with your games I will never fall for
I've hung up my guns
I won't kill again

I won't forget you (I won't forget you)
I'm not gonna let you win (I'm not gonna...)
but I'm tired of lying
tired of fighting you
and it's not gonna change

You ask for my heart
you know that I'm down
but not the way you lie to me,
you tear it all apart and beg for me to stay
I've sailed off to sea (sailed off to sea),
I'm not coming back

I won't forget you (I won't forget you)
I'm not gonna let you win (I'm not gonna...)
but I'm tired of lying
tired of fighting you
and it's not gonna change

Counting down
Make that sound
And you know it makes no sense
Counting down
Till you mess around
And I know you can't ever change
When I'm trembling,
Thrown overboard
And I'm ready to relive the past
Counting down
Make that sound
Break the silence

Pretend it's not forever,
I'll pull myself together
I'll say that I'll forget her,
I'll breathe.
And I'll say she never hurt me,
And look at it as learning,
And laugh about the good and the bad.
Because I won't live forever
We don't belong together,
I know I'll feel better,
One day when I can make it through.

I won't forget you (I won't forget you)
I'm not gonna let you win (I'm not gonna...)
but I'm tired of lying
tired of fighting you
and it's not gonna change (It's not gonna change)

I won't forget you (Counting down...)
I'm not gonna let you win (Counting down...)
but I'm tired of lying
tired of fighting you
and it's not gonna change

Review about Discovering The Waterfront

Silverstein helps. | Reviewer: Brooklyn | 1/20/11

Me and my girlfriend recently broke up.
This was both of our favorite bands.
We used to sit and listen to tehm together, which showed our love through the songs.
Now, I happened to get the nerve to tell ehr to listen to this song.
And it brought us back closer.
When she listened to it, she found meaning and how I really felt.
This is for anyone who wants to find real meaning in lyrics.


Silverstein rocks !! | Reviewer: Anonymous | 12/11/10

They are the best band ever, i always want to hear they're songs specially while im holding my boy's necklace that he gave to me. Im not like those others who listen to silverstein's songs cause they're brokenhearted. All i mean is even though you're happy or not , broken or fixed , silverstein's songs were the best songs you should listen to :)


lost for words | Reviewer: bowzer | 10/27/10

i just love this band. even though i don't really like the screaming in most of their songs, all of them have a true meaning to it that i can't ignore. these songs are an inspiration to me, and have finally opened my eyes to something meaningful. rock on,silverstein.


=christinsideofme= | Reviewer: Anonymous | 11/21/09

love this song ever..this music healing me when i was broken hearted,i feel anguish on my self that time but when i heard this music feels me different better...and now i over come all Ive done....


Waz up!? | Reviewer: Anonymous | 10/6/09

It is really hurt when you broke up with somebody you care, you love, and you thought that he is the one. But this music really enliven those who have broken heart. But one should move on. Don't stock yourself with lies.


release | Reviewer: Anonymous | 8/30/09

yesterday i broke up with my girl.. well she dump me.. now im looking for sounds that recognize what im feeling right now.. im so sad and tired..
Pretend it's not forever
I'll pull myself together
I'll say that I'll forget her
I'll breathe

And I'll say she never hurt me
And look at it as learning
And laugh about the good and the bad

Because I will live forever
We don't belong together
I know I'll feel better
One day when I can make it through
:)



Cant Get Over It | Reviewer: xxMariaaaxx | 8/25/09

This song is hands down empathetically healing.
It is hard for us to get over the person who
held our heart and cared for it dearly.
But silverstein always finds a way to make us feel
better with their AMAZING lyrics and awesome music. Safe to say they changed me as well.
For the better.


Reviewer | Reviewer: Ryan | 8/10/09

This is song is one word, AMAZING.
It sounds cliche but this song somehow makes me feel better. When i listen to this song I'm lost in the words, and i don't feel the pain that i suffer through anymore. I can truly say, Silverstein changed me.


amazing. | Reviewer: rachel dorion | 5/30/09

everyone knows this is the break up savior.

me and my boyfriend of eight months had been through one of the toughest break ups i'll ever go through.
he almost committed suicide because of family issues and just his life.
i don't think i'll ever forget the things he's done for me or how he opened my eyes.
people can change.
i've seen it.

silverstein know what they are talking about.


Again, one of my favorites... | Reviewer: msilly | 5/11/09

yepperss
this song is just amazing.
i love their songs bc they mostly consist
of helping relieve the pain of heartbreak.
its funny how i discovered the band wen i was
going thru a break up.
i love this band.


No comments: