Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gethsemane's Garden

Mother of Perpetual Help, pray for me

------------/Walking to Gethsemane's Garden - Pt 1. Death, Tony and Jesus Go To A Bar: The Thoughts Of Jesus On Dying Deplorably


We entertain false dichotomies death pitted against life
but really the essence of being is a battle between
passion and listlessness
growing and thriving over and against asphyxiation by thorns
blood shed in truth is fertile soil onto which
young hearts can grow and learn
and old withered souls disdain and jettison for lust and immediate sensuality
and so Pedagogy must teach the
maturation
of man entails a translation of paradigms
a forehead laden with twisted thorns goring
a back flayed with a whip fashioned with jagged rocks, glass
nails driven into hands, feet and a spear thrust in between ribs
grazing the spleen
is a coronation of a new kingdom
a suture for all the pain endured from countless generations beaten
by disease
and heartbreak calling out, pleading
for respite from rancid rampant radical wars and murders
is the inaugural font from which the hope and peace spring forth
pouring down the cross of cruelty and insistent immorality
I saw the moon, the stars, and the sun (from heaven,
before I was born on earth)
created resplendent and radiant dazzling
from the instant I beheld them with wisdom - my objective reality
realized
that there could never be turning back from righteousness and no
cowering in the face of adversity
because
temporal trials pale in comparison to beholding them
glorious unrestrained, unrestricted
there was a man once, who looked me in the eyes
begging for healing pining for peace from his affliction
I taught him that amelioration of wounds is fraught with more ills
unless attended by a rejuvenation of the soul
if this is to be my night
my trial before Pilate and his subsequent condemnation
my last breaths before destruction
my Mother's last moment to kiss my bloody face
before her acrimonious anguish, debilitating
please dont cry for me
celebrate
to me this heinous killing is
and has always been
eternal living



--------------/
John 12:24
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.

2 Corinthians 5:21
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Galatians 3:13-14
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us-for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree"- so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

No comments: