Wednesday, June 9, 2010

You are Honey, You Always Will Be




* To my future wife.....(maybe I'll meet you before this Saga ends?!)

You have ravished my heart, my sister, my spouse; you have ravished my heart with one look of your eyes, with one link of your necklace. How fair is your love, my sister, my spouse! How much better than wine is your love, and the scent of your perfumes than all spices! Your lips, O my spouse, drip as the honeycomb; Honey and milk are under your tongue; and the fragrance of your garments Is like the fragrance of Lebanon. (Song of Solomon 4:9-11)

----------------------------/Song of Solomon Saga Chapter 4: Honey

You are bedazzling
I remember you had this necklace on when last we spoke
not too long ago
I was tentative, fumbling for words
because falling for you so fast is scary
exhilarating
you have ravished my heart with one look of your eyes,
with one link of your necklace
and all I want is to keep pace with you
praying secretly that you wont leave me behind – (like
so many before you)....trying to ward off intoxication:
being around you is like inebriation induced by the finest of drinks
yet I surmise much better than wine is your love
I want to drink
for the rest of my life reclining on your lap
running my fingers across your lips
as your words pour forth like milk and honey
nourishing my soul and indulging my fantasies sweet
your clothes smell like Lebanon, pleasant, glorious
like a sister to my Jerusalem, like a sister
....with love fair, with love beautiful
so let me be your brother
your beau
your spouse
your friend
and allow me finally to sleep –
because without you my body is of rest bereft
and my eyes constantly shed tears
realizing without you my life is forever altered and incomplete
(screaming out your name)
You have ravished my heart, my sister, my spouse

(Everything is different now)

No comments: