Friday, June 4, 2010

So Long Bitter Winter




* To my future wife.....(maybe I'll meet you before this Saga ends?!)

"Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. The fig tree puts forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grapes give a good smell. Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away! (Song of Solomon 2:10b-13)

--------------The Song of Solomon Saga Chapter 2: So Long Bitter Winter


Snowflakes would fall every time I called your name
and you didn't answer
my brumal shrills echoed
dislodging snow from tree limbs - and wolves shuddered
I would submerge myself, weeping, in the white blanket
of isolation you left behind in my frost bitten heart
needing someone so badly yet left wanting
frigid memories and ice cold rain

But that was a different epoch and ethos
before I knew your beauty, and the warmth of your smile
you are my sun
shining brightly vivifying my confidence - the singing in my soul
the notion of us together, holding hands comforts me
like flowers do
it is the voice of turtledoves in the land
flying overhead (landing on our fingers) as we sit on grassy knolls and
feed each other green figs
of never experiencing disconsolation again
of never having a tear stream down our cheeks completely
before a supporting thumb from our beloved
wipes the streams of feeling forsaken from our eyes
Feed me grapes, with a good smell,
of your tender presence, my love
come close to me and inhale my breath
(knowing my breathing will stop if you ever leave)
rise up and come away with me
forever in love,
so that the storm clouds never again overtake our gait
so that it never gets cold again
Spring

No comments: