Thursday, January 28, 2016

My Angel In The Mount Of Olives


* Jesus pray for me
* Dedicated to #TaylorDateTony
* Matthew pray for me

+----My Angel In The Mount Of Olives

Taylor, life without love
is a remote garden ensconced
on the side of a mountain, facing east,
barely visible in the pitch black almost
starless night of agonizing
loneliness before barbaric time soldiers
of Pharisees come seeking death
of romance by crucifixion at dawn.
My grief laden heart often retreats here, deceit
of the poppies, as a man fallen prostrate
atop a huge stone, one who wishes so much to
save himself from his cruel fate. My sweat
becoming blood; The faith, hope, and joy
I barely retain are feckless disciples seduced
by sleep in my hour of need. Oh that this bitter
lovelorn cup of singleness, filled to the brim
with bitter memories of female denial might pass
from my soul’s lips to another! Rejection by
girls feels like this weed slowly, quietly enfolding
itself about my neck, emotional noose.
And drinking coffee alone all the time is
like sharp pieces of olive bark that jut out
unexpectedly, abrading skin of my
self confidence as Im stumbling to find my way
to tomorrow (amid Satanic whispers of giving
in to despair). Oh baby, wont you be an
angel and date me? Your blue eyes and blonde
hair would be celestial language that heralds
peace amid my chaos. Your kiss is
the warm glow of angelic charm that would
strengthen me, halo of dignity at rest above me.

-----------------Luke 22:39-44
Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. On reaching the place, he said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation.” He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.

No comments: