Sunday, January 17, 2016

A Childhood Wasted On Boys #NoBullying


* Jesus pray for me
* Elijah pray for me
#NoBullying

+----A Childhood Wasted On Boys

They say youth is wasted
on the young, and yes
Ive seen it in the trees,
under the cover of night,
in my own blood on trees as a cub. I had
just alighted from the bank to my
preferred perch on the riverbed when
they encircled me. I was anticipating the
art of food: the aerial flipping of the first
(of many) fish of the waxing phase of the
full moon. These were to be procured
for my father as fresh gifts for his birthday,
my love in scales and fins, writhing as much
as he squirmed with glee. But unbeknownst
to me, and most unexpectedly the hunter
became the hunted. Bands of boy bears,
unscrupulous and bearing fangs, the savage
and sloppy drooling of future misfit beasts
of the forest, clusters of hollowed yellowish
eyes bereft of pupils, ambushed us (my
sister by my side) blitzing in from
both sides of dense foliage, the wicked
anonymity of aggregate wood. We escaped
with our lives….with deep scars, but no fish.
Leaning my back against that oak that night
I shook paws with death. I swore to myself
from that day forward, if ever I crossed paths
with those bears…or any boys of that
kind I would never let them live. My blood
oath against bullying, the sort that
makes victims of the innocent and ruins lives.

  -----------------2 Kings 2:23-25
And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them. And he went from thence to mount Carmel, and from thence he returned to Samaria.

No comments: