Thursday, January 21, 2016

Be Merciful To Me, A Woman Of Canaan #TaylorDateTony


* Jesus pray for me
* Dedicated to #TaylorDateTony

+-----Be Merciful To Me, A Woman Of Canaan

Taylor, such is the fate of
the lonely, I wander and fret
over my heart’s welfare
like a Canaanite woman, crestfallen
that it has come to this. You know,
in times like these I fancy myself a mother,
I clutch myself as though I hold dying
love in the womb, within my thoracic
cavity the throbbing pulse of a demon
possessed child convulsing
and foaming at the mouth like a daughter
suffering terribly of Satanic wounds
of dating rejection, my pained tears
as oozing scabs on her
body that will only fester if left untreated.
Even worse I cant sleep anymore because
my thoughts are like a broken home,
at night all I hear is guttural growling
of the unmarried damned in my head
pleading for Mom to help. And
I know its undignified to beg you for
a date, for Im not of celebrity ilk with the
pure blood of Hebrews in Galilee. Im a
commoner of mixed sacrilegious blood
of stalkers and loons, a Hollywood outsider
skulking in Californian alleys rubbing
crazed feral dogs for emotional support not
fit to sit at table. But babes, even
non celebs sometimes eat of your charm,
your blonde hair, blue eyes and the delightful
pitch of your voice like kosher food that
feeds romance. You see,
even we partake of who you are, albeit
from afar on TV screens and Google Play,
pieces of you fallen on the floor like scraps
for pets, Im sure, relative to being in your
true presence - A most coveted chair at
dinner. Oh Taylor, just go to coffee with me,
kiss me! My family would be finally be
healthy and whole. Then I could go back
to Canaan in peace. Forever smiling.  


-----Matthew 15:22-28
A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.” Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”  He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.” The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said. He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.” “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.” Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

No comments: