Thursday, January 5, 2012

Malchus - Katy Perry, Help Me Get Over Erin!




*dedicated to Katy Perry, The One That Got Away

Click and watch Katy sing it yall!!!!

Man, yall cats think I be tripping out about that girl Jennifer (I do), Melody, Babs, Anne, Leen, which is all true. But man, in an alternate reality I would be totally sated if I could have sunk my romantic teeth into Erin, the babe of my dreams that got away - like my gurl Katy Perry said



---------------/Malchus (Erin) - Me Maimed

Erin, baby, like a whirlwind (it seems)
I found myself in Gethsemane's glorious gilded garden alternately gory
and ghastly
(the gallant ground I stood on for grading my affections for you
with green foliage of good looking girls all around- my school)
accompanied by myriad reasons to love you like a mad malevolent mob
rounded up by my manifold meditations of us making love
I wont lie, I found [and still do] your butt:
beguiling
your brilliant blond hair prone in wind to billowing and blue eyes beautiful:
enchanting. thats why I brought
torches of passion flaming when I met you heeding the voice of the traitor,
weapons of wanton wily expectation of winning you over wildly
seduced by the words of the insurrectionist to set my heart on you
belying the fact that you never showed me any particular interest;
that you might even have a boyfriend,
Judas that jealous jerk unjust, jaded - my subconscious mind morose
from being single, and recently losing my girlfriend at Loyola Baltimore
your expression when I used to stare at you (in your spandex shorts)
was a man pursued partially vexed posing a poignant question:
Whom seek ye?
yet whenever I was your in presence, despite my boldness
like always
I went backward and fell to the ground (went back to my dorm)
in timidity. I wanted to seize you, strong-arm, and make you selfishly mine
(make you love me miserably whether you had a man or not)
but all I could muster was feigned intimidation, confidence, control, cool
detachment though really desperate inside
picking up my weapons and torches quickly off the ground
resuming the perfunctory snide searing snarls of an armed mob
though unable to advance
your innocence, genuine goodness disarmed me
cleverly cut my conscience to the quick
whilst your righteous regard of your respectful boyfriend
Peter
unsheathed his sword slashed my ear
an indictment of my disdainful dereliction of duty to listen to reason
sense and sensibility when pursuing a girl already spoken for
tormenting my threatening truculence blood of remorse
gushing,
life from my soul languishing and laden
let your nobility and honor, et al, the rest of your disciples of virtue and righteousness depart
you asked me that none be hurt by my lust, seeing my sincere sulking
and suffering
reaching out touching my ear you offered me healing, conciliatory
compassion contingent on me
hearing, and honoring you and your beau
you offered me your friendship on Facebook
whilst I let you walk away
you went on to fulfill your destiny

(me dazed, staring stupefied)

---------/John 18:3-13
Judas then, having received a band of men and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons. Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye? They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground. Then asked he them again, Whom seek ye? And they said, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he: if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way: That the saying might be fulfilled, which he spake, Of them which thou gavest me have I lost none. Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus. Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it? Then the band and the captain and officers of the Jews took Jesus, and bound him, And led him away to Annas first; for he was father in law to Caiaphas, which was the high priest that same year.

Luke 22:48-51
But Jesus said unto him, Judas, betrayest thou the Son of man with a kiss? When they which were about him saw what would follow, they said unto him, Lord, shall we smite with the sword? And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear. And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.

No comments: