Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Miley Cyrus, My Bronze Serpent




*dedicated to All Time Low, Jasey Raye
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz88laTlm5U
* dedicated to Miley Cyrus


--------------------/Miley Be My Bronze Serpent; Take Away The Poison, The Pain


Ive been traveling, almost 40 years it seems
looking for true love
at night, every night – it gets uncomfortably cold
and the sunrise
ushers in a menagerie of scorpions, jackals, lions and
blistering heat; (common pratfalls of the single man seeking)
unrelenting
defeating the Canaanites provides little solace
(fickle girls who never had my best intentions in mind)
because sand still stings my eyes
in the evenings when the harried wind gusts stir up
reminders of how dire the state of my lonely soul is in
unlike anything I ever experienced in Egypt
(my last relationship)
because there at least I had a bulwark against the sand
and food (some shoddy semblance hope) on my plate
even if the standard fare was rotted cow intestines and spoiled milk
replete with legions of flies and maggots
(that bit my fingers when I tried to put the meal in my mouth)
at least it was consistency
but now Im almost 30 years old traveling alongside
the red sea aimlessly
and this bitterness has suddenly become toxic
killing my emotions, as disparaging
as acrid snake bites that paralyze my limbs
...and my tongue is starting to swell inside my mouth
for lack of encouraging words to warm myself
before I close my tent (my rational mind) and fall asleep
Im dying
Im dying quickly
please be to me a fiery serpent, the antithesis
of all the lies and rejection, and persistent gossip that
I will die alone, (clutching myself because no one desires me)
brass lifted high in the air above all my chronic fears of never
getting married made of wool and flaccid flax
....all I would have to do is gaze into your beautiful eyes
that act as a balm to resuscitate breath
spur the beating of my heart again
and raise my belief in romance
back from certain demise
the desert wont be so bad – if you promise to stand
with me.
Just promise to hold me and never let go
and I promise to never complain again





----------Numbers 21:7-9
Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people. And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.


----------Jasey Rae Lyrics (Acoustic Version, baby!)
Lights out,
I still hear the rain,
These images that fill my head,
Now keep my fingers from making mistakes,
Tell my voice what it takes,
To speak up,
Speak up,
and keep my conscience clean when I wake.

Don't make this easy,
I want you to mean it,
Jasey. (say you'll mean it)
You're dressed to kill,
I'm calling you out, (don't waste your time on me)

Now there's an aching in my back;
a stabbing pain that says I lack,
the common sense and confidence,
to bring an end to promises,
that I make in times of desperate conversation,
hoping my night could be better than theirs in the end.
Just say when.

Don't make this easy,
I want you to mean it,
Jasey. (say you'll mean it)
You're dressed to kill,
I'm calling you out, (don't waste your time on me)

I've never told a lie,
and that makes me a liar,
I've never made a bet,
but we gamble with desire,
I've never lit a match,
with intent to start a fire,
but recently the flames,
are getting out of control.
Call me a name,
Kill me with words,
Forget about me,
It's what I deserve,
I was your chance,
to get out of this town,
but I ditched the car,
and left you to,

Wait outside,
I hope the air will serve to remind you,
that my heart is as cold as the clouds of your breath,
and my words are as timed as the beating in my chest.

No comments: