Thursday, December 16, 2010

Blake Lively There Is No Greater Love Prophet (Than You)




---------------------/Blake Lively, There Is No Greater Love Prophet (I Love You Baby)


Blake, baby
When I walked out into the wilderness (rather than sunny grasslands)
frigid air biting my ears, fingertips and toes
wind forcing me to squint my eyes
basked in a thick white luminescent beam from the moon
crouching with my elbows on my knees
hands pressed together thumbs against my lips
all I saw was a flaccid reed (your attempts to impress me)
not a vivid violet undulating wildly
unable to register even the slightest resistance and
stand tall in pride. Hawks circled overhead anxiously
pathetic weak and disappointing
and for the first time in my life I felt dismally alone
needlessly trying to wipe tears that were absolutely inexorable
I expected your manifestation to be a pageant of pulchritude and majesty
with flashy women dancers and aerial male swordsman
(expensive trips to Hollywood and Hawaiian beaches)
landing with flowers cut from tree branches
to be used as garnishments on the plates of food you prepared
for us to eat (on seats of cedar, tables of gold)
as we stare into each others faces, souls, longingly
yearningly
not a man dressed in camel's hair
audaciously heralding that the unceremonious advent of the love of my life
is a son of a carpenter, and not a son of a king
eating wild locusts and not lamb
adjuring me to prepare and renounce all my former
dreams of holding you in my own way, look with incredulity
on all my former insights into romantic bliss
beseeching me
to submerge my limited capacity for accepting your grace
your lips
beneath the river Jordan, to emerge with a cleansed conscience
which I flat out rejected
ahhhh, what am I trying to say? awww girl....
Im sorry I was bedazzled by the wrong things
and traversed into a set of presumptions that blinded me
into seeing your compassion for me as a wilderness of foolishness
-plain and bland-
that made me into a Pharisee
you accentuated your beauty with the camel’s hair of nobility
(which is better than cheap make-up)
and ate locusts of humility just to prove you cared
not about my carnal gratification or the Emmys, but my spirit
and the overmatched reed in the wind
was just your talisman symbolizing your loyalty to me
despite any temptations and adversity
and the son of the carpenter your proclaimed was pure genuineness
intended to banish the superficial notions of a licentious king
that I brought with me to Jordan River of
opportunity you gave me to get to know you as you truly are
I now know my error, and that there are many lesser idiots than me
but truly, among those born of women
there is not a greater Lover
than you


(Forgive me guuuurrrrllllllll)


----------Luke 7:24-29
When the messengers of John had departed, He began to speak to the multitudes concerning John: "What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind? But what did you go out to see? A man clothed in soft garments? Indeed those who are gorgeously appareled and live in luxury are in kings’ courts. But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I say to you, and more than a prophet. This is he of whom it is written:
' Behold, I send My messenger before Your face,
Who will prepare Your way before You.'
For I say to you, among those born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he." And when all the people heard Him, even the tax collectors justified God, having been baptized with the baptism of John. But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the will of God for themselves, not having been baptized by him.

No comments: