Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I am Dry Bones without my Man Jesus, dawg!


[image used from www.firescribe.com]

[Ezekiel 37:1-6]The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. He asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live?"
I said, "O Sovereign LORD, you alone know."
--------------------}(God my heart was a dry bone, Your love is tendon and skin over me)




Before I knew You life was a tempestuous storm
raging waters barreled over me
suffocated me; drowned me
then the wind blew over and time passed
and years, they quickly fled from me
leaving behind
scattered dreams, dispersed yearning, soggy hope
muddy and soiled
I lay abandoned over a dilapidated landscape hardening and barren
now trodden over by wild beasts, vagrant
scowling at the dawn, lunging at the moon
trees with branches bare, the withered leaves have fallen to ground
some on my chest
together we look up at the sky, scorching sun
together we decay, sinking in the ground
and life is like my valley without you Jesus, my God
very dry and full of bones
the angels in heaven ask, "how can these bones live?"
no one has ever seen someone resurrected from deep despair
but from above God is near to the broken hearted
and His life is like a breath
and His presence is like a touch, caressing
like green grass and foliage sprouting from cracked earth,
shriveled bush limbs nurtured by Spring
His Word spoken feels like security; like tendons attaching
and flesh covering me in places it once left
there was death, but now life
a valley but now a brook.
Before You came
I was in a lifeless heap full of resentment, now
I stand fully erect, lungs filled with fresh air



Then he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones and say to them, 'Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.' "

V10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army.

No comments: