Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Science of Romantic Rejection - From Jennifer


* Real talk * I feel God is speaking to me in a particular way today. Addressing the issue of rejection, especially from women, the most noble, respectable thing a man can do is accept and not berate. He should come to terms with the decision made, taking all the lessons learned for better or for worse, and then move on. Dont be a knucklehead by going into a fit of rage, throwing things and cussing and the like, when a woman refuses your advances. Every woman (most often being the gender pursued), has a right to choose between suitors. She has this right without any misgivings or regret... it is her endowment from God as a woman...it is part of being a woman; just as pursuing a woman is part of being a man – an intrinsic inclination or characteristic. Thusly, in the same way a man has the right to chose the woman he pursues and a woman should have no qualms about not being chosen. Rejection is an important component of life, a character builder, a patience tester. The Lord Himself was rejected numerous times and each time respected the free will of the object of His affections. Creation rejected its own Savior. He walked amongst His creation and His creation didn’t receive him. [John 1:11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.] The Israelites wanted a king, effectively slapping God in the face because He alone was to rule over them. [1 Samuel 8:7 And the LORD told him: "Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king.] Notice the response of God to rejection – acceptance. Jesus did not make Jerusalem gather together as chicks under His wings...he let them make their own choice in that matter.

Jennifer, Lisa, Megan, Julia, O*, Alexis, Ke***, Ellen, JoAnne, and everyone else: you have every right to reject me. I accept and honor your choice... no hard feelings. Before, I used to let this bother me but now I see that your rejection of me has taught me life lessons, "and it is marvelous in our eyes." Selah





Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures: " 'The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes.
--------------------------------[Jennifer I relent. We are just not meant to be. / The thoughts of Jesus upon being rejected]



Before I saw you I perceived you
there was dirt, but I conceived you and me together
created "us"
and my heart stopped
and started again, so I had to clutch my chest
and breathe into you like a potter forms his clay
and marvels at his finished product
and begins to use it everyday
even for the mundane things
like staring at it
wishing it would speak, and love him back
or at least let me kiss you, just once
all in all, before we met everything was void and formless
then there was light
then there was you
and all of a sudden...it was good
because of you, it is really good

Jennifer, I feel like my love would have saved you
(pure, like I was born of a Virgin in Bethlehem)
from foolish inclinations, a corrupt depraved nature
that settles for less than the absolute best
from men that would use you
then discard you
I truly believe life would be Hell without us together
the axe of sorrow is already at the root of the jaded trees
with bad fruit...people that don't cherish each other
relationships in which adulation is not reciprocated
since they don’t produce joy are jettisoned into the fire
of despondency or at best lethargy, baby!
if you would just believe in me (I would heal, perfrom miracles)
I would guarantee eternal lavishing
keys to the Kingdom of Life
complete loyalty to you

Oh how I wanted to gather you as a chick under my wings
let me be your king
let me be your stone
...don't leave me here with my head down
shoulders slouched
hands hanging limp in my pockets
realizing after all my best intentions...you just dont want me







Matthew 21:42
Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures:
" 'The stone the builders rejected
has become the capstone;
the Lord has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes?

Isaiah 53:3
He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Luke 13:34
"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!

1 Samuel 8:7
And the LORD told him: "Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king.

No comments: