Thursday, May 29, 2008

She rejected me....open the 6th seal!



Dedicated to "O"...not Oprah, nor Obama neither! This is about that girl who broke my heart by not going out with me! No wait, she didn't even respond to my request! See what she made me do? She made a (Christian) brotha pull out the book O' Revelation on her hiny! If you make me mad, one day I'll do the same for you!!!!!!



[I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind]
--------------------------------------------------------*The absence of coffee in my cup is the 6th seal of judgment upon a damned earth*




O*, my throat is parched
I thirst
I thirst
for you. Your eyes as dark and
your skin as smooth as roasted beans
budding from small trees...their fruit plucked from them
getting to know you was like sorting and roasting
like sifting
between memories of my life before you
and my heart now caffeinated with you. Just to hear your voice
was like a grinding and to watch you saunter was like a brewing
of my soul. my emotions so intense
so hot, dark, were transformed into pure delicious coffee
poured in two cups steaming. waiting for us to drink
...but you weren’t there
and I want to die and I don’t want to live and I wish the world was damned

Rejection, O* is an earthquake
even for those satisfied, and contented
(especially for those in sin)
it is violent quavering, spasmodic trembling, wild shaking
it is tears welling up inside me, when I close my eyes the sun turns black
like sackcloth made of goat hair
...its no longer morning....
my despair is a perpetual moaning…an endless night
and the whole moon has turned blood red
the stars in the sky fall to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree
strong winds terrorizing them
I cant breathe anymore when I think of your absence
your non-response
The sky feels like it is receding like a scroll, rolling up,
and every mountain and island is removed from its place.

You are so beautiful,
all I desired was for us to be together...
my sanity and my dignity have usurped the throne of my mind
And I see them walking away from me, talking
"Fall on us and hide us” they say
there is no coffee date established, there is no more room for dreams
only dread
"For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?"





(O*, who can stand? How can I stand when I know you don't want me? This is so embarrassing. I put myself out there for you. I risked everything, doing everything society tells me embodies true manhood. Now look at me. Im pathetic, now. Another girl another rejection. Somebody please just open up the sixth seal....and let me die.)


Revelation 6: 12-17
I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place. Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and every slave and every free man hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow!! I gather she turned you down to going out for coffe? Rejection sucks! I would hate to see the poem you would have wrote if she would have turn down an invite to dinner and movie. Good poem though;-)