Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Blind Bartimaeus


* Jesus, I want to see things as they really are. You feel me? Help me to write this poem, for yo' Glory, man. Lets do it Home Skillet!Woooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrddddd!!!!

Then they came to Jericho And as He was leaving Jericho with His disciples and a large crowd, a blind beggar named Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, was sitting by the road. ----------------[The thoughts of blind Bartimaeus, sitting near the road]





I have lost my way stumbling
Ive wandered
and the night has fallen, beckoning the moon
like a mother she has her arms wrapped about me
tightly
never releasing
always nursing
Ive fallen asleep in her bosom of deep remorse (fear of the unknown)
like utter darkness, vainly attempting
to grasp a window shutter or door to my house
for this black is indifferent to them
impervious to my surroundings
if the sun is my father, he has absconded
before him I was awake, wide eyes
now life is a dream from which it seems
there is no return

Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!
Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!
Rabboni, I want to regain my sight!

When I was a child there was a distinction between
night and day
dark and light
evil and good
death and life
atrophy and ambition
prejudice and pride
Throwing aside my cloak, I want to regain my innocence
my sense of self and sanity amid my clamoring detractors
with clarity I hear them, but this time
I see no reason to give up


[I take courage, and stand up! Because He is calling for me]







[Mark 10:46-52]
Then they came to Jericho And as He was leaving Jericho with His disciples and a large crowd, a blind beggar named Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, was sitting by the road. When he heard that it was Jesus the Nazarene, he began to cry out and say, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" Many were sternly telling him to be quiet, but he kept crying out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" And Jesus stopped and said, "Call him here." So they called the blind man, saying to him, "Take courage, stand up! He is calling for you." Throwing aside his cloak, he jumped up and came to Jesus. And answering him, Jesus said, "What do you want Me to do for you?" And the blind man said to Him, "Rabboni, I want to regain my sight!" And Jesus said to him, "Go; your faith has made you well." Immediately he regained his sight and began following Him on the road.

No comments: