Thursday, August 31, 2017

Blood In The Garden


* Spirit Of Jesus pray for me
* Luke, Holy Church pray for me
* Saints pray for me
*  Dedicated to #TheAgony

+------Blood In The Garden; Jesus' Thoughts While Praying On The Mount Of Olives

I have known this feeling: the
trauma of clangor of angel swords
aflame swung at Lucifer,
the scars of sacrifice – blood on leaves
of the Tree of Good and Evil fur-stained -
of a beast not privy to serpentine
deception but vicariously bound to it's
divine law, stitched skins to clothe
Adam’s, Eve’s regret. I muse on
the terror of dying in its eyes, growling,
the terror of Michael in Heaven
when Heaven was besieged by betrayal,
wings pulled taut. And
tonight my sweat recalling it all. Thick
blood from pores on my brow, trickling
down rock, seeping in soil. Heavy breathing.
I have to die tomorrow. My skin Roman-whip-
stitched to clothe the world’s naked soul.

-----Luke 22:39-44
Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. On reaching the place, he said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation.” He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground. 

No comments: