Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Signs Of The Times


* Spirit Of Jesus pray for me
* Thomas, Disciples, Holy Church pray for me
*  Dedicated to #IamThomas

+------Signs Of The Times; The Thoughts Of Thomas Engaging Wounds Of The Risen Christ 

And this is Odysseus
below the mast regret-dreaming:
of thrusting a stake through the
eye of the Cyclops drunk. (Cursed).
Deep-breathing, taciturn…ship teetering
before winds' betrayal, abandoning
notions of seeing Ithaca’s soil
again. My fingers grave robbing…
tracing in disbelief - flesh, scars and
scabbing of a Ghost. But flashes
of vignettes before my eyes:
fish and loaves exponentially doubling,
a Man walking on water, Lazarus
tearing off grave clothes. And this
is what I barely fathomed
when He first called me – the
impossible – a Dead man before
me, his crucifix wounds, his side, my
unbelief healed. So....now there
is no turning back: now is the
time for me to believe.

------John 20:24-29
Now Thomas (also known as Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.” A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.” Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!” Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

No comments: