Monday, September 4, 2017

Supping Like The Last Time


* Spirit Of Jesus pray for me
* Jesus, Matthew, John, Luke, Holy Church pray for me
*  Dedicated to #TheLastSupper

+-----Supping Like The Last Time; Jesus' Thoughts At The Last Supper Seder

Raising the chalice, we
exchange salutations. Cheers
to a life well lived- flames dance together,
a candle cotillion – toasts to the living,
the dead. Persephone gleeful
rising dovelike from subterranean
crevices of earth to Mount Olympus’s
clouds. And the porter who
prepared the room said this
is a seedy part of Jerusalem;
to stay until dawn, to shun local alleys
for the ghosts that roam these passages. But
for now,  our parlance is wine, bread,
lamb and song...memorial. Tomorrow ushers
in what tomorrow ushers in. Now we have
food and each other, feet washed.
A forever bond. Beneath  moonlight

------Matthew 26:26-30
While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.” Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the[a] covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.” When they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

No comments: