Monday, August 21, 2017

Salvation On The Seas


* Spirit Of Jesus pray for me
* Jesus, Matthew, Holy Church pray for me
*  Dedicated to #IamtheFish

+--------Salvation On The Seas; The Thoughts Of The Fish That Provided Jesus With The Silver Coin For The Temple Tax

Ive internalized, already,
the apocalyptic ethos of
estuaries; My mother swears
it’s the way I was hatched…
a deep conscience for marshaling
order from chaos in the deep. I’ve
seen too many fish gone to soon,
hook-snatched, the mass graves in
the sky of thick algae like
pall bearers of Leviathan. Yes
Ive always been sensitive to decay
of the world (above and below), the
“fall of man” as the fishermen lament,
me hovering beneath the hull
eavesdropping on my predators. So
here is the silver coin I found buried
on the bed…Jesus…if it helps
redeem us all, Im glad to play my part.

------Matthew 17:24-27
 After Jesus and his disciples arrived in Capernaum, the collectors of the two-drachma temple tax came to Peter and asked, “Doesn’t your teacher pay the temple tax?” “Yes, he does,” he replied. When Peter came into the house, Jesus was the first to speak. “What do you think, Simon?” he asked. “From whom do the kings of the earth collect duty and taxes—from their own children or from others?” “From others,” Peter answered. “Then the children are exempt,” Jesus said to him. “But so that we may not cause offense, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours.”

No comments: