Thursday, July 29, 2010

You are Like Joseph's Dream





Dedicated to the movie Inception
Dedicated to J*** **o*




(Genesis 37:5-7) Now Joseph had a dream, and he told it to his brothers; and they hated him even more. So he said to them, "Please hear this dream which I have dreamed: There we were, binding sheaves in the field. Then behold, my sheaf arose and also stood upright; and indeed your sheaves stood all around and bowed down to my sheaf."



-----------------------------/You are Like Joseph's Dream


J,
There are some things we were never meant to remember
because trying to remember would jeopardize the
continuity of our present being
so I embrace the fog and haze of it all
like how we met
(like how we were made to meet)
(like how it was destined that our paths would converge)
there is this recurring sequence where you look into my eyes
and I counter
bedazzled by your blonde hair and sweet demeanor
introduced by Michelle
I kept thinking to myself at the time
maybe youre not real, and perhaps youre not
or maybe Im trying to evade the fear that we have no true genesis
and that you and I, just are
our relationship just is
and it may dissipate just as quickly as it came into being
or maybe youre just a projection of my subconscious desire to fall in love
perceived only by me
and the world is just a figment, or backdrop of my latent thoughts
that I'm somehow in control of and yet simultaneously controlled by.
Ive been avoiding you these past few weeks
because I cant bear to see you after I bore my heart to you
and you spurned me
I hoped that your absence would make me forget you
and the pain
but all I can see when Im alone is your eyes the day we met
and it feels like I could just walk up to you tomorrow and chat
like no time has passed from that moment
what if perchance this poem is the dream...and I'll see you
when I awake, continuing that conversation?
if my dream of you is like the sheaf of truth: true reality
and alternatives or distortions of this
are like 11 other sheaves/layers of consciousness
falling down before it
(like this one – [and maybe this is the 11th time Ive done this])
as it stands upright one day
And what if that is my experience of waking up-
standing near you and talking to you – as if the moment I met you
your presence was so inspiring that I started to day dream
moreover I always contended that being with you would feel like
ultimate authority was conferred upon me
and the sun, the moon and 11 stars of my past yearnings for that moment
would one day bow before
the realization of my goal of meeting the one special girl
my soul was meant to meet
and summarily I would be like Israel's favored son:
Joseph in the field with 11 other combatant brothers
trying to take the dream I know to be truth (you) away from me
discounting it as merely outrageous and illicit hubris
immaterial fantasy
...and ultimately I don't know how we got here, or how we met
or if I'll ever see you again – or have the courage to try-
if this is just a dream
I just hope that I end up being one of the 11 rancoring
sheaves
or stars
that end up dispelled
when I wake up
and not Joseph

(even though I always dreamed meeting that special person would be like this... though I cant remember how the dream begins or ends....)

(J*, here's me dreaming about dreaming about you –[I hope] Love, Tony)

--------------/
(verses 8-9) 8And his brothers said to him, "Shall you indeed reign over us? Or shall you indeed have dominion over us?" So they hated him even more for his dreams and for his words. Then he dreamed still another dream and told it to his brothers, and said, "Look, I have dreamed another dream. And this time, the sun, the moon, and the eleven stars bowed down to me."

No comments: