Thursday, May 4, 2017

The (Revolutionary) Visitation


* Spirit Of Jesus pray for me
* Mary, Elizabeth, Holy Church pray for me
* Saints pray for me
*  Dedicated to #IamElizabeth

+------The (Revolutionary) Visitation; Elizabeth's Thoughts Upon Seeing Mary

So in a way my husband and I
spoke of you, before flickering candles
bedside musing on Theseus
stalking the Minotaur, sword in
his trembling hand, thread pulled
taut in the other - the salvation
of Athenians at stake, like it is now
for the Jews. Oh how I’ve
prayed sedulously, stared at
stars in the prolonged interstice of
these our Empires and expectations!
And now this – why am I so favored?
The mother of my Lord, my cousin
pregnant, knocking. The fruit
of your womb: sedition, revolution, our
New World Order, escaping Caesar's
Labyrinth, the Return of King David’s
Jerusalem! Yes Blessed is the Child
you bear. Blessed, this visitation.

------Luke 1:39-45
At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, where she entered Zechariah’s home and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”

No comments: