Tuesday, May 23, 2017

An Improper Burial


* Spirit Of Jesus pray for me
* Luke, Joseph of Arimathea, Holy Church pray for me
* Saints pray for me
*  Dedicated to #IamJosephofArimathea

+------An Improper Burial; The Thoughts Of Joseph Of Arimathea Burying Jesus 
And this is my purifying paradox,
my palliative play on philosophical
underpinnings of promise…
of thousands of years’ Jewish
prophecy and poetry (with a cold,
stiff body in my hands); Me a rebel
raging on Roman occupation. As a
kid I remember myths: Persephone
rising from the underworld ebullient,
Hades smoldering- the panoply of living
colors – flowers singing, crops of wheat
dancing, the sun spinning. So this
is that. I am laying Jesus in a tomb
- above ground (facing East). So when
he rises – he'll lead the coup
against Caesar (and Pilate) finally.

------Luke 23:50-53
Now there was a man named Joseph, from the Jewish town of Arimathea. He was a member of the council, a good and righteous man, who had not consented to their decision and action; and he was looking for the kingdom of God.  This man went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Then he took it down and wrapped it in a linen shroud and laid him in a tomb cut in stone, where no one had ever yet been laid.

No comments: