Monday, May 15, 2017

The Baptism Of John Wall; The New Playoff Covenant #TonyandWall


* Spirit Of Jesus pray for me
* Matthew, Holy Church pray for me
* Saints pray for me
*  Dedicated to #TonyandWall

+------The Baptism Of John Wall; The New Playoff Covenant 

John, the Old (Basketball)
World, the archaic way of hoops
worship is outmoded, Jerusalem
enslaved by lurid cruel captors,
the garland about Caesar’s head
wretched poison. The trails, winding,
ascending a Larry O'Brien trophy, Mount
Zion, overgrown with thorns and thistles
of bad play by bad teams using
Mosaic Laws of NBA Analytics – the
Boston Celtics John the Baptist, Isaiah
Thomas clad in camel hair, his pick and
roll offense a diet paltry:  wild honey,
locusts. He unworthy to untie your sandals.
But when you win tonight, Baptism by a
shorter point guard prepping the Way.
The game winning 3 point skies opening
…the voice of Wizards fans beaming –
This is [our] Son, whom I love; with
him [we are] well pleased.” Then
Salvation of the East by way of Wizards
Basketball- new covenant of Scott Brooks’
efficient style of 2017 champions.

------Matthew 3:13-17
Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?” Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented. As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

No comments: