Monday, October 5, 2015

The Return Of The King

* Jesus pray for me
* Jesus forgive me


+-----The Emo Bible Luke Chapter 23: The Return Of The King; Jesus' Prayer to His Father On The Cross

My eyes are no good, the blood
pooling from my forehead
sluices down into them
cleaving to the side contours of the ridge
of my nose, induced by
my unceremonious
briar and thistle coronation,
my robe and sandals bartered,
my body stripped bare
lacerated by whips,
shins and fingernails of infantry
hardened of soul, callous
rage of Caesar.  The sensitives
of my shivering body are heightened
now,
I can hear lucent prophecies
in the wind, the uneven pitch of
renowned dead poets
whispering senseless savageries
foretold long ago, that the sins of Adam
would fuel the hatred that drives
rusty nails through my hands
and feet, the skin on my back knocking
against wood in the tempests. Ironically
the crowds beneath me,
people of my own flesh, lineage,
scoff and jeer at my nakedness
more boisterously than the Greeks
and Romans. The worst of them
stare at the best of me,
so that the best in them can be
borne out by my worst pain (I hope).
And I do not have all the answers
from my perch here, hoisted
high in frigid air as ravens and
vultures encircle, biding their time
before Death’s final nod beneath
darkened clouds grants them the
permission they have long sought-
to eulogize me with violent bird song,
a dirge of claws and beaks piercing
my limp limbs. I cannot presume
to know why the very people
I came to save take pride in slaughter
of the innocent, a recurrent tyranny
in this fallen world it seems,
the spotless lamb devoured
by nomadic vicious beasts, but the
hope is my legacy, when considered
carefully, will ultimately change this
world for the better. That long after
I’m gone, Father, you can forgive
them, because Im sure,
deep down, they know not what
they do. They know not that
blood and water of my compassion
will pour out when lanced.


-----Luke 23:33-38
And when they were come to the place which is called Calvary, they crucified him there; and the robbers, one on the right hand, and the other on the left. And Jesus said: Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do. But they, dividing his garments, cast lots. And the people stood beholding, and the rulers with them derided him, saying: He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the elect of God. And the soldiers also mocked him, coming to him, and offering him vinegar, And saying: If thou be the king of the Jews, save thyself. And there was also a superscription written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew: THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.

No comments: