Monday, October 19, 2015

Joseph Enthroned #IamJoseph

* Jesus pray for me
* Joseph, pray for me
* Dedicated to all those people out there who have dreams that die hard. Keep hoping, keep believing yall!!!! #woooooooooooo!!!!

And they took him, and cast him into a pit: and the pit was empty, there was no water in it – Genesis 37:24

+-----The Emo Bible Genesis Chapter 41: Joseph Enthroned; The Thoughts Of Joseph After Being Promoted To Second In Command   

I remember, distinctly, I didn’t regret
the persecution one iota, the
rat whiskers grazing against
my shins, the stench of the
previously flung corpora (beast and
man) pressed against my side
as I repositioned myself
for sleep, some decaying Egyptian face
being feasted on by maggots padding
my face
from concretized dirt deep in the
womb of earth,
the gelid chill of
desert nights as I languished in
pitch blackness, my skin chaffing in
ice vortices, my tears freezing.
My dreams were my candle then. My
hope codified and preserved in slumber
was a guardian angel of acuity
towing me by the arm
into the warmth daylight,
the blessings of Lot somehow
bequeathed in the horrid, ghastly
face of afflictions I endured. These visions,
these only companions of mine,
shouting louder than the acute hunger
pangs gripping me, demons with
the tip of a forlorn spear slowly impaling
my will to live,
first came to me in technicolor as a boy,
my robe revealing my fate,
a kaleidoscope of future meaning
rich in diversity, I witnessed my happiness
in vibrant hues.
I saw, clearly, the constellations as
an archetype
for my eventual destiny,
my brothers as stars in the sky
paying tribute to me, the sun
and moon dancing
then bowing down before me
redeemed. The upheaval of
my unscrupulous
kin could not then deter my belief
in what fate desired to allot to me
now: a throne next to Pharaoh’s,
the obedience of galloping stallions
pulling a golden chariot with sweeping
views from its windows of
fields of wheat, barley and figs.
No, I cherish the squealing of rats
in my squalor, the copious amounts of
blood that flowed from  
my scalp after the hard landing
from being forcefully butted
from hell’s precipice by those I loved-
because God used their hatred
to turn my dreams
into reality.


-----Genesis 41:41-44
And they took him, and cast him into a pit: and the pit was empty, there was no water in it; Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I hereby put you in charge of the entire land of Egypt.” Then Pharaoh removed his signet ring from his hand and placed it on Joseph’s finger. He dressed him in fine linen clothing and hung a gold chain around his neck. Then he had Joseph ride in the chariot reserved for his second-in-command. And wherever Joseph went, the command was shouted, “Kneel down!” So Pharaoh put Joseph in charge of all Egypt. And Pharaoh said to him, “I am Pharaoh, but no one will lift a hand or foot in the entire land of Egypt without your approval.”

No comments: