Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The Imprecatory Church

* Jesus pray for me
* Saint John pray for me
#IamSaintJohn

+-----EmoRevelations Chapter 1: The Imprecatory Church; John's First Journal Entry While Exiled on Patmos

Patmos, because no one else
views Roman opulence lachrymosely,
(through that foreboding sepia filter
of all the stilled memories in our minds
of tragedies that we could have
prevented but didnt),
and no one else is willing to
dredge up doleful denouncements
against Caesar from spirits of dirt,
dust divinations in dire times, when
persecution of Christian converts
incites hilt lust in sharpened iron,
swords wielded by merciless marauding
armies salivating at prospects
of the innocent helplessly screaming.
When I close my eyes I see the
consciousness of oppressed peoples
as tabernacles in varying
states of decay, stellate
angels standing in their crumbling
clerestories ready to make firm
proclamations of
retribution for those responsible.
This pointed hatred, judicious anger,
manifests itself as a brazen man
clad in a golden girdle
with fire in his eyes and a wounded soul,
hairs white like wool,
determined to bring Salvation
to them by judging wicked oppressors,
this perfect love for the poor and
oppressed come in the flesh
burning everything in its divine path:
succeeded by a silhouette of sacred smoke.
Redemption, he tells me, begins by
seeing one’s own heart as one of seven
churches
in varying states of virtue and vice,
a candlestick flickering in the dark
of observation, blessed
and cursed by the ashes and soot of
its own good or bad behavior.
For once the heart is healed,
he assured me, the scrolls that enable
the rebirth of spirit can be opened
and read.
This formidable inner resolve will infuriate
the Caesars, as if opening seals of cataclysm
and chaos on Rome from unseen worlds,
as if throwing Emperor Domitian alive
in a burning lake of fire, his skin
melting off his bones,
slowly.

(To be continued….)



-----Revelation 1:11-20
Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

No comments: