Thursday, October 29, 2015

Ephphatha! #KimandTony4ever


* Jesus pray for me
* Mark pray for me
* dedicated to Kim Kardashian
#KimandTony4ever

(OH KIM, WONT YOU TAKE ME OUT TO COFFEE??!!! WONT YOU LEAVE KANYE AND NORTH TO DO OTHER THINGS, WHILE I FALL AT YOUR FEET AND BEG YOU FOR A HUG?!!! I SWEAR IT WILL BE LIKE DIVINE HEALING!!!  )

+-----Ephphatha!

Kim I have been single so long
I can hardly talk, I simply
cant say those three small words
anymore, they are like acrid tongue
clicks and sharp guttural grunts
impinging on the throat,
this impossibly painful centrifugal
force that attempts to flow
from soul to brain to heart but
simply wont materialize
verbally anymore; My jaws of
passion forever clenched, desire
wishing to speak but remaining
unspeakable. And rejection from
girls I thought I could date has
abrogated all romantic sounds, the
last words I remember hearing
before the white noise before perpetual
silence were “I don’t know
you that well….,”
“you are not my type…”
Oh how I wish I was fully
human again. I wish I could decipher
the seasons, complimenting noon
summer zephyrs with delighted
reception of sweet whispers: the
mating chatter of lovers revealing
hidden mysteries of the core of earth.
Or to huddle close to my beloved
on winter nights with reciprocal
proclamations of grandeur
of mutual respect. Oh Kimmie, baby
wont you have mercy and save me?
Come close and press your body
against mine, your raven hair sublime
like a starless night in Eden, soft as
silk from an angel’s spindle, your
olive skin bright and radiant
as the dawn of all the dead resurrected
to life on the Last Day,
your lips soft as passion fruit
from the Tree Of Life. If you
kiss me, I swear it would be like
calming divine fingers
placed in my ears restoring
all sound. If you took me out for
coffee, a sip of the cup would be like
celestial spit on my tongue,
loosening it from the palate.
This redeeming compassion
would allow me
to speak plainly without self deprecation
or apology, and listen to words
for the first time without expected
cynicism. On that day, I imagine you
exclaiming Ephphatha! which is
“Tony, open your heart to me!”

(And I would of course, say the same back to you, babes!)


-----Mark 7:31-37
Then Jesus left the vicinity of Tyre and went through Sidon, down to the Sea of Galilee and into the region of the Decapolis. There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged Jesus to place his hand on him. After he took him aside, away from the crowd, Jesus put his fingers into the man’s ears. Then he spit and touched the man’s tongue. He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him, “Ephphatha!” (which means “Be opened!”). At this, the man’s ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. Jesus commanded them not to tell anyone. But the more he did so, the more they kept talking about it. People were overwhelmed with amazement. “He has done everything well,” they said. “He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak.”

No comments: